“Terrible Food”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 July 2017

Visited this Pub for an evening meal. We should have taken account of our first instincts , looked like grubby little local pub, but we like to give a chance. Food was rubbish. Pretends to be a restaurant but really it's just Pub Grub. We ordered Scampi and Chips, the Scampi was fine although out of a bag but the chips were something else, soft on the outside and hard in the middle they had obviously been cooked earlier in the day and microwaved as needed. When I complained as we both left all the chips we were given the e cause " it was a bad lot of potatoes ". The fact they also came out of a bag and given that excuse is an insult.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

Had a great pub meal here the other night chicken was so moist and hot loved it .
Breakfast was a bit ordinary as in a no frills English cooked breakfast but fine .
Very nice staff
King size bed great but like a lot of places the room was too hot

Reviewed 3 June 2017

We have just moved to Par and are slowly trying the local pubs and cafes. I was so glad we stopped in at the Royal for a lovely meal! The bar and restaurant were very clean and. I Ely decorated. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the food was lovely and reasonably priced. My husband had a burger which was obviously from a local supplier or butcher because it melted in your mouth. I wasn't very hungry so just had a soup but it was very tasty and was obviously home made. All in all a lovely visit and we will be back. 5Thabks for a nice evening!

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Not a good place to eat, no care taken, my wife asked for a glass of coke and was given a pint, either the staff are untrained or do not care

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

Some friends and I came here for a roast one Sunday. I wasnt expecting much as many pubs in the area never live up to much. I was pleasantly surprised! Roast was smashing.