“Best garlic bread in the west!”
Review of The Royal Inn

The Royal Inn
Ranked #14 of 26 Restaurants in Par
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2017

I had the sea food medley with garlic bread and it was heavenly. Partner had a gorgeous steak with all the trimmings and home made pepper sauce.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Daughter, son-in-law and myself. We had pre booked and were shown to our table. Not asked if we wanted drinks so I called the waitress over, drinks arrived promptly. Order was taken promptly. Meals were well cooked, excellent portions and good ingredients. The beer 2 of us had (Lizard Storm) was flat, no head and insipid (but if you come to Cornwall expecting good beers you will always be disappointed). Waitress seemed a little detached i.e. forgot to give us steak knives, didn't ask if we wanted any sauces etc, forgot about the wine we had ordered. We also had some shorts to finish. Given my comment above about the waitress and that I knew we had spent around £100 I wanted to be sure the bill was accurate and so I asked for a receipt at the main bar when I was paying. The dark haired lady who was attending to me looked up and glared. I paid and the receipt was printed off at which point she sarcastically said I should check it to "make sure it was correct". I said I would in my own time. The change was thrust into my had with no further comment e.g. thank you please call again and the glare was repeated. So a visit of mixed quality depending on what you would expect from such a visit. Just because of the way I was treated at the bar in the final couple of minutes as related above I have marked the pub 3/5. There is no excuse for rudeness at any time and if I hadn't experienced that attitude I would have marked 4/5.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

Visited this Pub for an evening meal. We should have taken account of our first instincts , looked like grubby little local pub, but we like to give a chance. Food was rubbish. Pretends to be a restaurant but really it's just Pub Grub. We ordered Scampi and Chips, the Scampi was fine although out of a bag but the chips were something else, soft on the outside and hard in the middle they had obviously been cooked earlier in the day and microwaved as needed. When I complained as we both left all the chips we were given the e cause " it was a bad lot of potatoes ". The fact they also came out of a bag and given that excuse is an insult.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

Had a great pub meal here the other night chicken was so moist and hot loved it .
Breakfast was a bit ordinary as in a no frills English cooked breakfast but fine .
Very nice staff
King size bed great but like a lot of places the room was too hot

Reviewed 3 June 2017

We have just moved to Par and are slowly trying the local pubs and cafes. I was so glad we stopped in at the Royal for a lovely meal! The bar and restaurant were very clean and. I Ely decorated. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the food was lovely and reasonably priced. My husband had a burger which was obviously from a local supplier or butcher because it melted in your mouth. I wasn't very hungry so just had a soup but it was very tasty and was obviously home made. All in all a lovely visit and we will be back. 5Thabks for a nice evening!