“Best roast I've had for a while”
Review of The Royal Inn

The Royal Inn
Ranked #12 of 27 Restaurants in Par
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 August 2017

On a wet Sunday, we called in for a drink and decided to try the small roast to stay out of the rain a bit longer!
I'm glad I didn't choose a standard size. Lots of fresh veg and plenty of meat.
The staff are all very friendly and it seems a popular place for locals too. Just across the road from Par station.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

We was a little disappointed that there was only the Sunday menu which didn't have much on.
I know it was a Sunday but at 12 o clock we only fancied something like a jacket, which was on the normal menu.
I had the broccoli and cauliflower in a cheese sauce .
Massive portion and came with salad and bread.
There was no butter with the bread and the cheese sauce seem to be missing and what I had was a small amount of cheese on the top of my dinner, a lot of water and very soft over cooked veg.
It wasn't very nice at all.
Two of the group had roasts and they liked it.
My hubby had the fish and chips and he enjoyed the fish but said the chips tasted very much like oil.
Too much like oil.
The food looked good and was a huge size but unfortunately lacked flavour.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Had table for two for dinner on a not very busy Saturday evening.
My wife didn't have a starter, I ordered garlic prawns, came with a dressed salad and
Crusty bread, prawns were dry the bread was so hot it burnt my fingers when I broke it
Open, salad Was the best bit.
For the main course my wife had fish and chips as a safe option, and I had pork steak with apple and blue cheese with veg.
The fish was ok but the batter on the fish and the chips were dark brown due to being
Over cooked.
My pork was supprisingly dry considering half of it was gelatinous fat, all of the veg was watery, the cheese of poor quality, the apple was apple.
When the pleasant waitress asked if everything was ok I gave her my opinion and suggested it was conveyed to the "chef" .
After paying the bill and asking if the message he'd got through She said it had and on further prompting apparently he said he was sorry.
I get the feeling nothing will change this resturaunt as tourists which we were
Will move on, so carry on as normal.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

I had the sea food medley with garlic bread and it was heavenly. Partner had a gorgeous steak with all the trimmings and home made pepper sauce.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Daughter, son-in-law and myself. We had pre booked and were shown to our table. Not asked if we wanted drinks so I called the waitress over, drinks arrived promptly. Order was taken promptly. Meals were well cooked, excellent portions and good ingredients. The beer 2 of us had (Lizard Storm) was flat, no head and insipid (but if you come to Cornwall expecting good beers you will always be disappointed). Waitress seemed a little detached i.e. forgot to give us steak knives, didn't ask if we wanted any sauces etc, forgot about the wine we had ordered. We also had some shorts to finish. Given my comment above about the waitress and that I knew we had spent around £100 I wanted to be sure the bill was accurate and so I asked for a receipt at the main bar when I was paying. The dark haired lady who was attending to me looked up and glared. I paid and the receipt was printed off at which point she sarcastically said I should check it to "make sure it was correct". I said I would in my own time. The change was thrust into my had with no further comment e.g. thank you please call again and the glare was repeated. So a visit of mixed quality depending on what you would expect from such a visit. Just because of the way I was treated at the bar in the final couple of minutes as related above I have marked the pub 3/5. There is no excuse for rudeness at any time and if I hadn't experienced that attitude I would have marked 4/5.