“Pleasant stay”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 October 2017

Stayed here whilst visiting family locally, room fine, clean, comfortable and quiet, shower difficult to regulate and water flow not great. Good varied choice of food at breakfast and served piping hot, we had one evening meal which was also okay. Found the staff friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Avoid at all costs.
Stayed Saturday 14th October. Full of village yobs drunk, shouting and swearing. Some were so drunk falling into chairs.
Food was poor. Burger bun toasted to death. No salt and pepper or sauces supplied
Bedroom was hot with no fan. Only ventilation was a window, which if open let all the noise from the compressor below the room in.
Mattress cheap and nasty with broken springs.
Walls very thin and when morons come in at 2am shouting you will be definitely be awoken.... as I was
Breakfast not served until 8.30 which meant paid for something I could not have as left at 8am
For you own safety and for a good nights sleep book elsewhere

Reviewed 26 August 2017

On a wet Sunday, we called in for a drink and decided to try the small roast to stay out of the rain a bit longer!
I'm glad I didn't choose a standard size. Lots of fresh veg and plenty of meat.
The staff are all very friendly and it seems a popular place for locals too. Just across the road from Par station.

A TripAdvisor Member
12030
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

We was a little disappointed that there was only the Sunday menu which didn't have much on.
I know it was a Sunday but at 12 o clock we only fancied something like a jacket, which was on the normal menu.
I had the broccoli and cauliflower in a cheese sauce .
Massive portion and came with salad and bread.
There was no butter with the bread and the cheese sauce seem to be missing and what I had was a small amount of cheese on the top of my dinner, a lot of water and very soft over cooked veg.
It wasn't very nice at all.
Two of the group had roasts and they liked it.
My hubby had the fish and chips and he enjoyed the fish but said the chips tasted very much like oil.
Too much like oil.
The food looked good and was a huge size but unfortunately lacked flavour.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Had table for two for dinner on a not very busy Saturday evening.
My wife didn't have a starter, I ordered garlic prawns, came with a dressed salad and
Crusty bread, prawns were dry the bread was so hot it burnt my fingers when I broke it
Open, salad Was the best bit.
For the main course my wife had fish and chips as a safe option, and I had pork steak with apple and blue cheese with veg.
The fish was ok but the batter on the fish and the chips were dark brown due to being
Over cooked.
My pork was supprisingly dry considering half of it was gelatinous fat, all of the veg was watery, the cheese of poor quality, the apple was apple.
When the pleasant waitress asked if everything was ok I gave her my opinion and suggested it was conveyed to the "chef" .
After paying the bill and asking if the message he'd got through She said it had and on further prompting apparently he said he was sorry.
I get the feeling nothing will change this resturaunt as tourists which we were
Will move on, so carry on as normal.