“We love this place”

Penventon Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Redruth
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Room etc are as good as it gets; spacious, comfortable and pen.
The well equipped Gym,Spa and long clean pool make it for me
Most important are the friendly, helpful staff you make us feel at home and welcome

Room Tip: garden rooms
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maureen R
There are newer reviews for Penventon Park Hotel

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

We went for high tea, on a Sunday afternoon, and it was a treat. There was lots to eat, so much so we struggled eating it all. The various teas and cakes was lovely.. We followed this with a few gins, from their extensive gin bar. The price was reasonable and the service was good. The hotel has a feel of old style class and I would be happy to go again. Very enjoyable afternoon out.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank Dreadnought00
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Just returned from a two night stay with friends. Had one of the garden room suites which was very comfortable albeit removing the previous occupants clothes and empty prosecco bottles would have been nice . That aside the service was very good as was the food in the restaurant at dinner and at breakfast time. We had the 'indulgence' option which included evening cocktails ( both nights) and cream teas. As we arrived late on the Friday evening due to the M5 congestion and as we were going out for the day Saturday , the hotel very kindly prepared the cream tea scones, jam and clotted cream as a packed lunch , which meant we could enjoy whilst we were out and about . A very nice and thoughtful touch . Beds are extremely comfortable and the bathroom facilities very nice . Staff were all very friendly and accomodating and we will definitely aim to go back again .

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2017

Myself and my husband recently stayed for 5 nights at the Penventon Park Hotel on a bed and breakfast basis, overall our stay was enjoyable and the hotel offers a high standard of accomadation and service. We stayed in room 8 (standard double room) which was above the restaurant and close to main entrance overlooking the carpark. Although the room was of a good standard, clean with bath and shower, TV tea/coffee making facilities, complimentary toiletries etc and serviced daily we found it to be a little noisy in the evening as you can hear all the noise from the restaurant below(piano music, walking people etc ) Also during our stay we experienced some noise late into the evening (2a.m.) on two nights from people shouting and cheering close by outside. We later heard this was probably from a night club that is situated just behind the hotel. Also we had the added bonus of a nightly show of hundreds of rooks that had made a nest in a tree outside in the car park the noise was incredible but we found it more fascinating than annoying as we had never heard the sound of so many birds at once! However for guests who don't like this kind of thing I would be aware and maybe check it out with the hotel first as I'm not sure if this is a permanent thing or just seasonal. The staff in the hotel are really friendly professional and helpful I cant fault the standard of service in any way and we were given the utmost help at all times from being made aware of the availability of early breakfast on the day we checked out(before 7a.m.) to reception staff helping us to check in for flights and print boarding passes of which we are greatful and this helped us to end our holiday with ease. The breakfast in the hotel was a high standard with a choice of continental style to full English options and variations on full English to cereals etc, all cooked and served to a high standard and with efficiency by smart and polite staff. We didn't try evening meals but there was a 3 course set menu for £27pp available which I believe was worth trying if it was to your choice and budget. Lighter meals and snacks where also available in the bar or as room service. The bar and lounge areas are tastefully decorated and include a speciality "gin bar". I enjoyed relaxing in the evening in this area which I found pleasant and comfortable with plenty of interesting little areas to sit and enjoy a drink or two. The hotel also has a pool and spa area in the basement which is complimentary for paying guests and includes 2 saunas and a jaccuzzi bath. There are male and female changing rooms with towels and gowns provided free of charge. I found it a really nice way to enjoy some relaxation especially if you don't want to stray far in the evenings and it makes your stay just that little bit more special without increasing the cost.Other treatments such as massages are at a cost however. There are grounds to the hotel I believe which I didn't explore fully but there was a very pleasant seating area at the main entrance in which to sit and enjoy some refreshments and take in the floral displays and garden ornamentation. The hotel décor and cleanliness is generally of a high standard but there are some minor refurbishments going on at the moment (leak to the ceiling on the first floor landing) which I believe was being dealt with and in my opinion this didn't really spoil my stay at all.
Overall I would stay at The Penventon again however I probably would ask for a different room in a quieter part of the hotel next time. Redruth itself in my opinion does not offer much in the way of entertainment apart from a cinema as the town was a little "rundown" I thought but as many lovely beaches and other attractions are a short drive away this would not put me off staying at this hotel again. Thankyou to all the staff at The Penventon you are a credit!

Room Tip: For peace and quiet don't choose a room at the front of hotel
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank karen M
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

We visited Penventon Spa for a spa day including a treatment and coffee and cake. There was a wide range of facilities in the spa, including infra red sauna, normal sauna, jacuzzi, gym and swimming pool. The massage in the spa was very relaxing and the staff helpful. The lunch menu was varied and the food very good. The hotel itself is very smart, although we didn't stay here. The only reason I wouldnt give 5 stars is the facilities could be slightly updated to bring in line with the rest of the hotel. Would recommend.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redruth
14.0 km away
17.6 km away
Tregenna Castle Resort
Tregenna Castle Resort
#10 of 20 in St Ives

Been to Penventon Park Hotel? Share your experiences!