Anchorage House(St Austell)
Cooperage(St Austell)
Pitchup.com
  • Pool
2,241 results
All reviewsinfinity poolwoodland lodgewhite housesauna and steam roomwalled gardenluxury roomlovely balconythe main hotelopen planrelaxing breakwaiting staffchanging roomsself cateringfirst morninghigh standardnight breakeden project
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights on a deal. We ate in the bar the first night and thoroughly enjoyed the food and thought that if the bar food was that goo then the restaurant food would be great. We were not disappointed in the slightest on the second night the food was exceptional. The breakfast in the mornings was really good as-well with a good range of hot breakfast. We didn’t use any of the spa facilities while we were there. The pool was closed for maintenance when we stayed but the hotel had made other arrangements for guests to use the pool at a holiday park about 5 minutes up the road which was really good of the hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed our little stay away. All the staff that we spoke to were really friendly and so helpful especially when it came to seating in the restaurant with the pram. One staff member in particular called Sabina was really friendly and helpful.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2017

despite the awful weather still had a very enjoyable stay. Mike in the restaurant was very attentive and made our stay very special. The spa is lovely and they had one of the hottest steam rooms I have ever been in . The pool was lovely. The restaurant was great with what I can say is the best fish and chips I have EVER eaten. The fish had a tempura style batter that stayed crispy the whole meal through. The beer was only average. Breakfast were very tasty. The room was clean and comfortable. The elevator was very slow. Check out was a bit of a nuisance as someone was cleaning an aston martin and a bentley, and had the drive cordoned off so I had to trundle the bags a fair way down the drive until I could get to my car

Room Tip: Try to stay in the main hotel, as it has more character
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Zappafan5797
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Recently had afternoon tea here for my wife's birthday. Very nicely done: a variety of sandwiches, scone with jam and cream, a selection of small cakes, plenty of tea, and Prosecco to start. The room is quiet and tastefully furnished, and service is attentive without being obtrusive. Well worth it.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Left after one night, as the swimming pool closed, no information on website. My fiancée was very disappointed as I was working in the area,so was unable to use the facilities while I was at work. Food in restaurant was good, one of the best burgers I have ever had. Our room was clean and very spacious. It was disappointed that we had to leave due to miss advertising.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank iandebdavies
CornwallHotel, Manager at The Cornwall Hotel, Spa & Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Dear iandebdavies,
Thank you for your review. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed your meal, ‘one of the best burgers’ you’ve ever had is praise indeed! However, we are so sorry to have let you down in other aspects. We did talk together about arranging a taxi to the local pool, all expenses paid, and also a complimentary dinner, but I completely understand that this wasn’t what you were looking for on this occasion.
Please feel assured that you will be able to see the changes to the spa next time you stay and, should you decide to bring your fiancée again, please do let me know – we would genuinely like to do something special to make up for the disappointment caused by the temporary pool closure.
Warm wishes,
Ari Nauni
Operations Manager

Reviewed 6 November 2017

My Daughter, her husband and I stayed in one of the woodland lodges last weekend for 3 days. We have stayed in one of these lodges before and it still was a lovely experience. Very clean and wellcoming. A nice selection of things were provided to start our stay in the kitchen area which was superbly furnished with all the cooking utensils you could wish for. Very nice bedrooms, bathrooms and ensuites, designated parking per lodge number and full use of the spa facilities were included. Lovely wooded surroundings and very close to Charlsetown and the Eden Project. Hope to return at Christmas this year.

Room Tip: It’s all good at the Lodges, just birdsong, Seagulls and the wind in the trees.
Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family