2,281 results
All reviews infinity pool woodland lodge white house walled garden lovely balcony superior room sauna and steam room the main hotel open plan relaxing break waiting staff changing rooms self catering first morning night break high standard eden project
Reviewed 5 March 2018

My wife and I recently spent an extremely pleasurable few days at this hotel. Despite the inclement weather we had a fantastic time in Cornwall and the Cornwall Hotel staff looked after us brilliantly. The hotel is enviably situated in large grounds and comprises a converted mansion which has been sympathetically extended with a modern wing and many holiday lodges. The grounds are beautiful. We were warmly welcomed on arrival and were allocated a 'luxury' room in the modern wing. The room was spacious, interestingly decorated (very modern), very warm (excellent heating) and/or cool (excellent a/c), spotlessly clean and had all the usual facilities. Wi-Fi worked well. A very comfortable room all told. Sleep quality was excellent due to the large comfortable bed (actually two singles placed together - quite common hotels these days, unfortunately) and quiet surroundings. The (complimentary) spa was lovely, having a steam room, sauna and large infinity pool. We took the continental breakfast every morning. The selection was of good quality and more than ample for us, although a variety of cooked items (at extra cost) are available. We took dinner in the (very nice) restaurant two nights and a bar meal on one occasion. The bar meal was absolutely fine (dessert outstanding), although a little pricey. The main restaurant food was amazing - gourmet standard, superb quality ingredients, perfectly cooked/seasoned (the coq au vin, goat and piggery mains were first class) and not unreasonable prices. Highly recommended for special occasions. Staff wise, all those we met were friendly, courteous and are obviously well-trained (one exception being a young male server in the restaurant who couldn't answer any questions about the food). Special mention should be made about Mark, who seemed to be on duty 24/7 and who provided outstanding, high quality service. We got a favourable room rate for our stay which, we thought, was excellent value. However, a glance at prices in high season suggests that it may be pricey option at those times.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
marketing626, Marketing Executive at The Cornwall Hotel, Spa & Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your 5 star review following your visit to The Cornwall Hotel, Spa and Estate.

It was simply a pleasure to read, I will be delighted to pass on all of your comments to all departments within the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back to stay again in the future, please feel free to call our reservations team direct who can find you the best room rate available for your chosen dates.

Marketing Executive

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Room was comfortable enough not as clean as I would expect quite dusty in places. Had to walk a long way in the freezing weather to the spa. Lack of choice in the restaurant - only 3 mains to choose from, fish, gnocchi or goat a very weird selection of choices, would have preferred chicken or beef !!! Breakfast was nice but it did take over 30 mins to arrive. Not the greatest and wouldn’t return.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I'm sorry to read that some of the food offerings in our Elephant Bar and Brasserie were not what you would have liked on this occasion. Our Chef is extremely accommodating to guests requests and we have a variety of options on all our menus.

Feedback is extremely important to us, therefore, I will pass all your comments on to the teams you have mentioned for review and investigation.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I’m not normally one to write a review but felt I had to after visiting The Cornwall today. Arrival was promising, we were promptly given a low down on where things were and offered a nice robe, towel and slippers. We were a group of 4 and paid £100 to use the facilities for the day. We went through to the changing rooms which were nicely laid out with plenty of lockers etc. Walking through to the pool at a first glance it looks beautiful, a lovely infinity style pool with great views, but much beyond that is nothing to write home about - the ‘bubble pool’ is cold - as is the pool, no way you can relax there for the day when you have goosebumps. They advise that if you want a ‘heat experience’ to use the sauna and steam room.. which were again, nothing to write home about. We had afternoon tea booked later on and so got ready and went up to the reception, to be told the restaurant is quite a walk and my disabled mum had a job getting there, a flight of stairs with no lift left her aching (hardly relaxing). We got to the restaurant and were placed at a table cramped between two others in a sectioned off part of the (otherwise empty) restaurant. We asked to move to a different table which our waiter had no problem in sorting out (he was very accommodating, cannot fault him). The price of afternoon tea is very overpriced, £19.99 for one person -it was pleasant but not when you take value into account. To summarize, I have left feeling very ripped off and to be completely honest will not be visiting again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Lisa L

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I have discussed your comments with the General Manager and we would like to rectify the situation, can I kindly ask you to make contact with Rebecca Coonan on 01726874050 or email gm@thecornwall.com.

Many Thanks,

Jenny Rendle,
Marketing Executive

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 2 nights.

The room was lovely, clean and well appointed. Just a disappointment that the ‘double’ bed was 2 singles pushed together. Nice balcony with reasonable view and a good amount of space.

The spa was onsite but we had to walk outside to reach it. This was disappointing because it was freezing outside and raining. We felt this diminished the luxuriousness and relaxation feel to the whole experience. The pool, sauna and steam room were nice. Jacuzzi has clearly been complained about before because there is a notice about the expected temperature. The temperature of the jacuzzi was not pleasant or relaxing. We didn’t stay in this for long!

Just for info- the main car park is a reasonable walk along steps so make sure you drop your bags off before parking up!

We ate at the elephant brasserie. Delicious food, great service. The only criticism is that the first 24 hrs we could smell the fish that had been served all the way up to our room on the 3rd floor. This is mostly due to fire doors being propped open- not pleasant in the evening, worse in a morning after it has been floating around all night!

Overall a great location for the Eden project and St Austell and local coastal areas. It didn’t blow us away but it was perfectly fine for a two night stay

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
marketing626, Marketing Executive at The Cornwall Hotel, Spa & Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review following your 2 night stay with us.

I'm sorry you were disappointed with the bed, the room you stayed in had a zip and link bed meaning its a spacious king-size or they can be separated to make a twin room meaning flexibility for all our guests needs.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit to our Elephant Bar and Brasserie, we receive some fantastic feedback from guests visiting either as residents or no residents.

I do hope we can welcome you back to The Cornwall Hotel, Spa and Estate in the future.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 27 February 2018

1. Got this deal on ‘Black Friday’ which was a great saving (half price) and surprise Xmas present for my husband, and one that I could enjoy too :-)
2. Pool lovely, steam room hot, sauna great, but disappointing whirlpool/hot tub, which was only marginally warmer than the pool temperature. Very disappointing.
3. My husband had a ‘Balance & Energise’ massage at £55 which was great, he loved it.
4. A cream tea was included in the deal which was nice, lots of sweet foods but not so much savoury.
5. The decor in the Elephant Bar & Brasserie was disappointing, and only recently refurbished. Quite a ‘hunting’ theme which I found distasteful and offensive. Not a good look in this day and age. On that basis, I wouldn’t be keen to go back again. A sour note at the end of our relaxing visit.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review following your recent visit to The Clearing Spa at The Cornwall.

I was delighted to read that you and your husband enjoyed your spa day with us. I will pass you comments about the savoury offering to our kitchen team for review.

I was sorry to read that the Elephant Bar & Brasserie isn't to your taste, we usually receive such positive comments about the atmosphere and ambience of the room.