“Great Place”

Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: An informal bistro style dining experience on the outskirts of St austell, serving amazingly fresh local fish & shell fish, meltingly tender Cornish steaks and interesting European dishes. We look forward to welcoming you...
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Went on a Sunday and I had a roast beef, the meat was cooked perfectly and the potatoes were soft and crispy. My brother loved the seafood there and said it was one of the best places he has been. The staff were friendly and a really nice atmosphere. Gladly go again if we visit the area.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,273)

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I have been to mitcherling star restraints and many great restaurants but this was one of the best I have ever eaten at. The waiters were very pleasant and couldn’t do more to help you. You were never rushed as much time as your needed. Clean I will be returning on my next visit to Cornwall.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We were there for an event dinner - my uncle's 90th - and what an amazing time we had there! Now I know why he swears by this restaurant! The food was amazing and arrived quite promptly for 45 guests. The location is beautiful and decor is beautiful.

1  Thank bPratik
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

My mother in law wanted to treat my husband and I and had raved on about the Kingswood in the months running up to our visit. The restaurant is extremely modern, standing out from its surroundings in the Cornish countryside.

We were sat in the conservatory, a little disappointing but I’m sure next time we could request to sit in the main restaurant. The ambience from the main restaurant didn’t carry through into the conservatory which is often the case.

The menu offered a great variety of dishes making it genuinely hard to decide what to go for out of the mouth watering options described. This is something I love; going for dinner and finding it difficult to decide what to opt for as there are too many I fancy!

We opted for squid, arrancini and chicken skewers to start - all were delicious. For mains the table chose sea bass risotto, rib eye steak and pork. Again 10 out of 10 for the dishes.

The wine was served lovely and cold and there was a good selection of beers available.

Service was excellent.

For my husband and I this was one of our all time top 10 dining experiences. A lovely restaurant that we will definitely we returning to. Thank you!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

The food was really good and the staff were so friendly. I’d definitely go again if we go back to the area. It got really busy though and looked like most of their tables were pre-booked so would recommend booking in advance!