“Lovely food & building”

Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Griggs' Restaurant is set in the heart of Cornish countryside and is adjacent to our Country Store. Offering a large dining area and cosy sofa's for a relaxed feel as well as the option to dine al fresco on our balcony while you enjoy some stunning rural views of the surrounding farmland. With ample free parking and good public transport links, access to the restaurant is via a short flight of stairs or by lift.
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

1st time I’ve been & wont be the last, my mum is Gluten Free & they had a great menu choice for her, food was gorgeous & good size portions!
Can’t wait to think of an excuse to go back!!

1  Thank Emma S

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

First time I had been here for breakfast but wasn’t disappointed. Had full traditional breakfast and only just managed to finish it. Recommend anyone to try you won’t be disappointed. Staff friendly and restaurant always very clean .

1  Thank 11Lily11
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Just had lunch today. I’ve had the car very a couple of times which has been delicious. Went on a Wednesday and had their beer battered cod, gourmet chips and tartare sauce. £11.95 for a huge plateful (there is a smaller, cheaper option available). Absolutely beautiful. The chips were crunchy and lovely. The cod had the most beautiful crispy batter I’ve ever tasted. It is so nice to eat out and not feel uncomfortable having special dietary needs. Fabulous! Friendly, lovely staff. :)

1  Thank Madspice69
Reviewed 4 March 2018

We had a very good Sunday Roast here last weekend on the basis of a very positive local recommendation, which proved to be spot on. Griggs does not set out to be conventional fine dining: the restaurant is in an industrial style of building, which has something of the feel of a canteen to it. But, the emphasis on good quality food, with cheerful service, and on value for money is welcome. Our Sunday Roast would have been hard to beat anywhere: it was well prepared and the helpings were generous to a fault. The menu is limited, but effective, offering a vegetarian main option, as well as a limited range of starters and desserts. Strongly recommended for a no nonsense lunch. But do think seriously about booking, especially at weekends, for, deservedly, Griggs is a popular destination!

1  Thank Sc6874
Reviewed 3 March 2018

My wife and I have eaten breakfast at Griggs for several years and usually the service isn't that bad but today after ordering, they seem to have forgotten us. They were quite busy but i've certainly seen it fuller. We ordered just before 11am and after waiting for 30 minutes, I went to the counter to ask where our order was. I was informed that our food was half done and would be with us shortly. After seeing several people who arrived after us being served, my wife went and complained and after waiting another 10 minutes, we decided to leave. What really annoyed us was the fact no one really apologised, we were kept being told they were busy. If someone had told us they had made a mistake or forgotten our order, then we probably would have waited, but to be told several times how busy they were and to see other people who arrived much later eating their breakfast, it was unacceptable. There are plenty of other places that serve a good english breakfast and we shall in future, visit one of them instead, where the service will, i'm sure, be better, certainly faster.