“Disappointing - microwave pie ”

Walkers Fish Restaurants
Ranked #86 of 154 Restaurants in St Austell
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited here this afternoon with my family. I ordered a cheese and onion pie with chips and gravy. I was surprisingly disappointed to receive a 'Pukka pie', alongside dry, old chips. My partner got fish and chips, and he was equally disappointed with his meal. Personally, I don't expect to receive that when I visit a chip shop. My local chip shop in my hometown of Manchester makes its own cheese and onion pies and they are delicious. I just felt Walkers fish restaurant did not take pride in their chip shop and should focus less on trying to sell as many different foods as possible such as Panini's. Maybe this is diverting their attention from the main items and they should focus more on the simple foods a chip shop sell such as chips, fish and pies.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Was recommended to go here as the best option in Truro! Arrived and placed my order but was informed that they were short staffed so it may take a while!
Fine I thought, the manager was being honest. The restaurant was quite busy and a gentleman (&family) were leaving but when he was paying found that he’d been charged for 7 meals not 6.
Anyway my order was not particularly difficult, 2 fish n chips, chicken nuggets and some mushy peas and curry sauce.
I was the first in the queue but had to wait about 20 minutes.
The food was good but (I think) more staff are definitely needed.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Popped in for fish and chips. Empty restaurant when arrived but people queueing for takeaway. Food ok and service ok. Good value special on board.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Great tasty fish and chips
Good for families we had take away but you can eat there. Fun boxes for the kids

Reviewed 25 May 2017

My friend and I eat in at Walkers whenever we are in St. Austell, as in our view it offers the best value for money in the town. We usually have the special, fish, chips, peas, bread and butter and tea as the fish is just perfect, and cooked to order. They do other tasty meals as well, so read the 'specials' boards. Good food, good price. The only criticism is that the chips can be a bit 'bitty', but there are enough good ones to satisfy me!

1  Thank Ian L