“Stunning location and lovely food”
Review of The Rashleigh Inn

The Rashleigh Inn
Ranked #11 of 135 Restaurants in St Austell
Price range: US$4 - US$27
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A free house on the beach. Fresh, local food and drink, served by those that share a love for what we do. The Rashleigh Inn, a pub to be proud of.
Reviewed 12 October 2021

Stunning location and delicious food. Helped with a warm evening and superb sunset. Staff were very friendly and welcoming. Food tasty and reasonable including a specials menu. Would absolutely return if in the area again and will most definitely recommend to others.

Date of visit: October 2021
Write a reviewReviews (819)

Reviewed 10 October 2021

We had arranged to meet our friends who live in Cornwall at the Rashleigh Inn however we did not know there was Rashleigh Arms as well just down the road so we had plotted up here and waited.

One thing for sure was that even if we didn't meet up ( which we didn't by the way they were at the Rashleigh Arms ) we were going to get a good lunch the food looked and indeed was delicious, we stumped for the fish and chips and as well as being a very generous portion it was beautifully cooked and just sublime.

Now one thing that stands out is the staff none of them stopped for a second and if they weren't seating or serving they were cleaning and clearing simply great to see a team working together so well.

You'll love it and the location is just wonderful.

Reviewed 8 October 2021 via mobile

15 mile hike in all the worst elements, wild camp near Gribbin tower, and another couple of miles the next morning in equally grizzly weather, the kind goretex battles with.
Found refuge as soon as the doors opened; the staff were all good-natured, friendly, and attentive. They could clearly tell I'd had a gnarly couple of days. I was offered a spot with a view right by a radiator which without asking was turned on, or maybe I had good timing...this was after I was warmly assured not to worry about dragging the mud and rain in with me.
Coffee first, spot on; home-made lemonade second, tasty as hell, recommended by one lady serving me who was lovely, and later recommended me a great weather app that I'm still using (XCWeather); obligatory cod and chips for a main, delicious; brownie because I deserved it, peng, plus that clotted cream finish is a good shout.
Aside from the food, I would eat here again and whole-heartedly recommend it, it was the staff who went above and beyond with their natural warmth and personableness that make this place in my eyes. Especially the lady who told me about the weather app and lemonade after I'd recovered and was able to chat, you're exceptional and deserve one of those brownies.
Thanks for keeping me alive, all the best.

1  Thank torambleandroam
Reviewed 6 October 2021 via mobile

Don’t be put off by the uninspiring pictures of food on TripAdvisor! We received fabulous, efficient and friendly service here. The mains we had were some of the freshest mussels either of us have ever had and the chips were top notch (surprisingly rare!). One of the lovely staff even showed us where the mussels came from out of the window. The location is wonderful, right on the beach. Great tasting local ales which we were able to sample before choosing. Nice loos too. The meals aren’t the cheapest but I would highly recommend this place without hesitation!

Reviewed 5 October 2021 via mobile

Wow I mean wow. We are staying about 15 minutes down the road and though this wasnt our first choice (that didnt open mondays) I'm so pleased we found here! The staff were so friendly, so laid back and so efficient. The food was lovely and pretty quick! The beers were local. I cant really fault it. This is the friendliest place I've ever visited where everyone was happy to chat to each other! I was so disappointed the weather changed so, we couldn't sit outside and really admire the view so I'd love to come back. We didnt want to leave! The background music was great and staff were happy to take requests! There was dancing and laughing the whole time. Definitely recommend if you are in the area. The only downside is it has a tiny car park however, there is the beach car park about 0.2 miles up the road which is free after 6pm! Danielle you are a gem! Thanks so much.