“Ideal Spot for Your Digital Withdrawal Program”
Review of Sorensen's Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hope Valley
Sorensen's Resort
Reviewed 27 November 2017

'Been thinking you've got a digital addiction problem?

Sorenson's is just the place to go to begin your rehab. In this off the grid Nirvana, each cabin comes with a copy of "The Art of Doing Nothing: Simple Ways to Make Time for Yourself." Cabins are available in several varieties, all amidst a grove of aspen's that's beautiful any time of year, but especially spectacular in mid-October. Visiting for three days over the Thanksgiving weekend, I must admit that complete digital withdrawal took some getting used to, but by day two we came to really appreciate the analog life we'd so long ago left behind. Only 30 minutes from downtown South Lake Tahoe, Sorenson's is an easy ride to fantastic hikes, hot springs, waterfalls, and yes, casinos. Kids love the place, but the clientele is a mix of young and old, all happily enjoying digital detox together. This was my second visit, the first being 20 years ago when we brought our young kids, and it's EXACTLY the same - like time was frozen. Creekside is one of the nicer cabins for couples. Holiday reservations go quickly, so book early.

Room Tip: Creekside is a good cabin for couples.......
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fair-But-Tough

Reviewed 2 November 2017

I don't think I would go back to this place. First, the front desk staff was really rude and impatient when I called for some questions regarding my reservation. She abruptly hung up on me without saying good bye. I wanted to cancel my reservation at that time but it was too late. Second, we did not sleep well due to the flies in the room and road noise. When the room ('Norway') was heated up, the flies came out and made noises all night.
There was one thing positive we experienced during our stay. A nice young lady (Danielle?) at the front desk delivered the kindling to our room 3 minutes after we called.
Overall, I am not sure this place would be worth the money.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Huiming W
Reviewed 14 October 2017

my husband and I spent 3 nights recently and fell in love with our cozy, 1 room cabin, Waterfir! It was immaculately clean, with all the amenities necessary. The bed was very comfortable, and as we cooked 2 dinners, breakfasts, and lunches in our cabin kitchen, we were pleased that it was so easily manageable! The office staff were kind and helpful, and our 1 cafe experience was great. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jack s
sorensens, Owner at Sorensen's Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Thank yo so much for your kind review. We're glad you had such a wonderful time!

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Amazing resort! Darling cabins transport you to a mini European village. A wonderful place to stay during all four seasons! The owners and staff take huge pride in the resort and it shows in the care and attention that they provide their guests. The location is remote and yet Tahoe is only half an hour away. I have been several times and loved the Chapel, Silvertip, Ponderosa, and Aspen. My next cabin choice will be St. Nicks. Also loved the dinner we had at the restaurant. Customer for life!

Stayed: September 2017
2  Thank Carolyne E
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I was looking for someplace different to camp & came across Hope Valley Resort..which is an RV Campground with hook-ups that is located on the same road as The Hope Valley Cafe and Market. We had to stop at Sorensen's for directions & Hope Valley Resort is a sister to Sorensen's. We got directed at where to go & was greeted by Eric who is the Campground host when we arrived. We got settled into our spot then headed off to explore the Carson River which runs right by the resort. There are quite a few camping spots at this resort & I think most or all had full hook ups. I wouldn't recommend Big RV's trying to get into this place as the spots are pretty tight and no real turnarounds. We enjoyed our stay & would go back...lots of places to explore in the area.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
19.6 km away
Alder Inn
Alder Inn
#3 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to Sorensen's Resort? Share your experiences!