“Fasntastic stay”
Review of Atlantic Byron Bay

Atlantic Byron Bay
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Byron Bay
Reviewed 4 May 2017

We loved our stay in a Little Palm room at the Atlantic. Beautifully decorated, large room, relaxed surroundings - we only wished we had more down time to enjoy the hotel to its full potential. We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it. The communal spaces were a great place to chill out and chat to others (or not) if you wanted too. The pool was cold but refreshing. There is a bit of noise from returning bats in the early morning... bring ear plugs!

Room Tip: Little Palm 2 is really big. I think Albatross rooms will be a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Manager_AGH, Front Office Manager at Atlantic Byron Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

So glad you enjoyed the ambience of 'Little Palm'. We hope to welcome you back for a more extended stay some time in the near future.

The Atlantic Team

Reviewed 23 April 2017

We stayed in the albatross room for 3 nights. This lodging has beautiful grounds with rooms located in several buildings. Our room was very clean with a large bathroom and private veranda with an outside shower. Our area had a full kitchen with a marked basket in the fridge and pantry so you can store your food. They have complimentary tea, coffee and milk. Lots of books and games if you want a quiet night in. Front desk closes at 6:00pm but they were very friendly and helpful if we needed anything. The only complaint I had was our room is set up like a retro motel and the first night it rained so hard the wind and rain was rattling the door and the rain was coming in under the door and it was very hard to sleep. I did end up rolling up towels to place against the door. This resort is an easy walk to shops , the beach and resturants

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2017

My daughter and I spent six nights here and really didn't want to leave - despite bad weather for much of the time thanks to the tail of Cyclone Debbie. Our simply but attractively furnished Tropical room was bigger than it looked because of a great walk-through wardrobe arrangement with plenty of space to unpack clothes and store bags - meaning there was nothing cluttering the bedroom. Our room opened to a private balcony. It is the beautiful shared spaces that are really wonderful. We cooked twice in the stylish, well equipped kitchen that guests treated with respect and that was always spotlessly clean, and we often spent the evening reading in the shared living space. This is a great concept that works so well because it is carefully managed - the Atlantic doesn't take groups (who can dominate the spaces) or children, simply to retain a tranquil environment that all guests can enjoy. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Rooms upstairsmay be more private
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 1Wgtn1
Reviewed 3 April 2017

Nice place to stay in very relaxed surroundings. Unique with different kitchens and sitting areas. Nicely furnished an staff very accommodating. Would definitely recommend. Lovely gardens. Close to beach.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2017

I am so torn between wanting to write a glowing review and not wanting to write at all, as I want this place to be kept as "secret" as possible. But of course, given the number of 5-star reviews this place already has....

Where do I even start? The Atlantic is a gorgeous, boutique hotel oozing with charm. There were four main "houses" which they renovated from the ground up, and you could see great touches from the art to the patio furniture; I felt as if I was at my rich aunt's holiday home.

The garden is well-maintained and my favourite part is the fire pit they have in the middle, with lounge chairs surrounding it. Probably not sensible to huddle around a fire in the middle of summer but it got cool enough at night when I was there (shoulder season between summer / autumn) to actually appreciate the warmth from the fire. I wish there was a smores kit provided!

The swimming pool is a tiny lap pool, more for a dip than a swim. There are bicycles you can use for free, but I did not have enough time to go for a ride.

Continuing the theme of a rich aunt's stay, the service there is impeccable. I arrived at the Atlantic very early having an early morning drive from Brisbane, and when I got to the Atlantic at 10am the room was not quite ready. However the lady at the reception said that she will send me a text once the room is ready, and provided me towels to use in the meantime. (The text came about 1 hour later but I was already scuba-diving around Julian Rocks!)

Location-wise the Atlantic scores 9/10. The diving shop is just around the corner. Plenty of restaurants and cafes are 1 or 2 blocks away, and the hotel is about a 10-minute walk to the beach. It is not set in the thick of things so you do get peace and quiet (it gets pretty noisy and rowdy in the evenings in Byron with the superbly fun hippie crowds), but not too far away that you feel like you're in the boondocks. Also, if you don't have kids this place is perfect - no kids are allowed so you wouldn't have to hear kids running around screaming at the top of their lungs!

I booked the Classic Room, and I felt it has enough space, and was artfully decorated. What I loved most was the shared kitchen and living area in every "house" - it is very spacious and so beautiful that if I had a week in Byron Bay I would cook every night!

I have stayed in many 5-star hotels and boutique hotels all over the world but I have to say that the Atlantic is on my top three list. Highly recommended. It is simply a beautiful, tastefully decorated place with so much charm. I do wish it is a bit cheaper though, but it seems Byron Bay is generally quite an expensive place.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple