“Poor service ”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 May 2015 via mobile

I went to Lizottes in April 2015 for a wedding. While the wait staff were courteous and proficient, the maitre d was a pain in the bum. She made us feel like we were asking the world of her when we ordered beers. We felt unwelcome and like we were trespassing. I understand that the restaurant is closing soon, and so perhaps the head waitress/event organiser wasn't putting her heart into it.

Very disappointing and I know the groom and bride were embarrassed and upset.

Get a new event organiser, Lizottes, if you want to maintain your reputation.

2  Thank Onholidays1984

Reviewed 7 March 2015

Absolute perfection - a night with Van the Man transported me back to a time when music was everything and a good performer didn't need props and special effects to camouflage a lack of ability.
If I wasn't sitting with a couple of metres from the stage, I would have sworn it was Van Morrison himself - every note and nuance was perfect.
The backing band didn't jump all over the stage like perhaps a Red Foo might do but they made the music seem so effortless.
The room is small which adds to the emotion and intensity - great to see so many women dancing as if it was still the 60's and 70's.
Van the Man was a little bit of a tease - thought he wouldn't do all the favourites but he kept Gloria and Baby Please Don't Go until the end and everyone left ecstatic.
While so many comment on the food, it is still excellent for the size of venue and numbers there - the salt n pepper squid is excellent and the fish and chips perfect for such a night.

1  Thank RonWamberal
Reviewed 1 February 2015

Hi, if you want the best of two favourite past times you need to visit Lizotte,s, Kincumber NSW, Friday evening we went along started with pre drinks and then tasty Turkish bread with the best Dukka lemon based and oil, I,ve tasted for a long while, crispy bread soooo fresh, baked just the way you,d have experienced if your grandma had made in the old days. Then for main chicken breast goodness I must have had two chicken breasts and the sauce just melted in your mouth. No room for dessert!!! But I,ll be going back the menu had a great selection, my husband choose the steak and was just impressed!!! Now the entertainment well, Wez Carr what can I say this fellow has been blessed with a real gift not only great song selections but can play a guitar how it,s meant to be played!!! even after his show, took the time to mingle with patrons after the show on the front verandah in the cool, having photo,s taken, signing cd,s programs, he was a true inspiration, I,m sure all who attend the the evening was just as pleased. The staff were so well organised, helpful and friendly I,m sure the owners are very pleased to have real staff employed!!! If you,d like to experience true value for money book now!!!

Reviewed 28 December 2014

I took my wife to Lizottes last night for Christmas present as she loves crab .
The service was fine , no complaints and the staff appeared friendly .
We chose entree and a shared desert as well as the Chilli crab and ordered a bottle of Semillion .
The tempura prawns were excellent and the salt and pepper squid good but not outstanding .
The Chilli Crab was fairly small and my wife complained that although the sauce appeared
very nice on first taste it was overly salty and this built up the more we had .
All up , I think we has a good tablespoon of actual crab meat at most .
The people at the next table appeared to have smaller servings than us and I saw him mulling
over what seems about an ounce of extracted crab meat .
The desert , triple ice cream , was excellent and topped off by a nice macchiato .
The jazz band made the whole experience worthwhile but there wasn't really enough crab to fit the advert claim that the dish was ' famous ' .
The night cost us $160 excluding the bottle of wine .

Reviewed 2 December 2014

Great place for dinner and a show it represents great value and I had a fabulous night. Would thoroughly recommend.