“Some very good and some OK”
Review of Vicolo Merimbula

Vicolo Merimbula
Ranked #4 of 71 Restaurants in Merimbula
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 May 2018

Dined as a large group and some in the group raved about their food. Others were less taken with it. The lamb shank risotto was nice but some of them did not have a lot of lamb. The seafood pasta dishes were the standout and the steak excellent. Staff friendly and would eat here again and have the seafod pasta.

Reviewed 24 April 2018

I have been coming to Merimbula for work and leisure for a number of years and didn't know this place existed until now! What a great little find.
Hidden away in a laneway this place has wonderful ambience as a great Italian restaurant.
My colleague and I were seated and we ordered the Arancini balls as a starter and I had the Seafood Spaghetti as a main. Didn't take long and the starter came out. The balls were flavoursome and not bad at all. The seafood spag came out and I was pleasantly surprised at the freshness and flavour through the dish.A very well balanced meal and the only criticism I have is that some of the seafood contained in the dish was quite small.
Overall a very pleasant dining experience and lovers of great Italian food won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Food and ambience were lovely. If I lived here I’d be a regular. However, they rushed me through my meal and then went MIA when I wanted to leave. Took me a few minutes to realise that they too have fallen into the new nasty Aussie restaurant habit of self-service billing. Why are we suddenly too lazy to bring the bill to the table? With portable devices, it has never been easier to do this. Yet we have pay at the desk, like Coles Caff. Well I have a new policy of my own. You don’t bring me the bill - no tip.
I’d still go back though. Nobody is perfect.

1  Thank Gieusahaggis
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Went there with 3 other couples and we all had a great meal, all our meals were of a good proportion, fresh hot and extremely tasty.
All staff were courteous, prompt and efficient.
We (me and the misses) had, Entrees, Arancini Balls with Chef’s Sauce $12 & Lemon Pepper Squid with Spicy Dipping Sauce $16 & Mains, Lamb Shank Risotto $25 & Sicilian Penne $24. Drinks were Pear Cider (2) $8.50 & Moscato (2) $8.50, total bill $101.00.
The Arancini Balls (6) were sensational, the squid for a entree was a great sized serve and the Spicy Dippy Sauce was delightful,
The Risotto was a big serve and the lamb shank very tender and tasty, however the Penne was just too rich for the misses.
Better than the Italian we had in Venice.
Our first time there but we will definitely go back.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Lovely experience, great entrees. Good wine choices by the glass and bottle. Great service. The most tender calamari and baby octopus I have ever had. Great bread and good arancini. The ratio of pasta to flavour was a bit off with the mains. A bit less pasta would have tasted better.