“Wonderful”

6-Day Thredbo or Perisher Snow Adventure from Sydney
US$245.12*
3-Day Thredbo or Perisher Midweek Madness Snow Adventure from Sydney
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Lovely village. lots of dining and accommodation options - though they tend to book up quickly in winter. Very easy access to ski fields.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

I stayed here for the first time this winter with my wife and two teenagers. We have skied at Thredbo, Perisher and Hotham previously, and skied Whistler and some US resorts. Having heard about the "village" for so many years I was keen to stay on-site rather than the other options, such as driving back and forth to Jindabyne. In terms of convenience its great to be able to walk to and from the lifts, although that probably comes with a short shuttle bus ride, depending exactly where you stay. My main complaint is that there was just no atmosphere in the "village". We ate in three different restaurants and it was school holidays, so it was busy, but after dinner (7:30 or 8pm) we thought we'd go for a walk around, do a little shopping etc, but nothing was open! At that hour there was nothing open apart from the few restaurants, so that gives the villages a bit of a hollow, deserted feel. We couldn't even buy an ice cream for the kids. I thought the place would be nice at night with nice lighting and souvenir shops to browse, but no. Maybe I've been conditioned to expect too much (comparing to North American resorts) but seriously, a couple of thousand dollars spent could do a lot to lift the ambience in the village, and maybe encourage the shop keepers to stay open rather than the ghost town feel it has now. Its quite expensive to stay compared to other options, and yes its convenient but I'm not sure that will be enough to get me back next year. I'm rating it 4 stars for ski access but 2 stars for the Village experience, so 3 stars overall.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

This is a party place, even out of season. It's energetic and fast paced. In summer the mountains are converted into mountain bike trails and the place is pretty full on. Winter has its own long list of activities of course, and I was pleasantly surprised at all the action during the supposedly inactive period. I took the cable car up to the eagles nest and then completed the walk to the summit of Mount Kosciusko . It's an easy route on a set path and anyone with any fitness level can achieve a successful result. Once done, I visited the restaurant before getting back on the cable car and it serves great fresh dishes. It's a brilliant experience and well recommended. Just beware on the roads for animals and drive carefully. It took me a few hours from Canberra and there was evidence of many animal remains along the way.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

This was my first time at the snow and it was great. The snow is great fun and the food is nice. The snowboarding and skiing was also very COOL.

2  Thank William S
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We visited both Thredbo and Perisher in July school holidays. We were really impressed with the staff across the e tire mountain from lift operators to ski instructors who were incredibly friendly and supportive. Thanks Joon! The presence of staff on the mountain was also comforting. The only complaint is the car park walk. Even if you are there early it is tricky and long.