“Did not like the bed! ”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kennett Square
Kennett House Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

The B & B is a lovely building with a lot of character. The porch is quite nice for chilling and relaxing if the weather is nice. We stayed in the Delaware room which is on the second floor. Yes as you can imagine there are stairs to climb which are user friendly. The second floor has a small open public area for playing board games or reading. Our room was small but included two separate areas. The bedroom opens up to a small sitting space which is fine for one or two people. The bathroom was acceptable. Our biggest complaint was the bed. It was one of those memory foam mattresses. It may be fine for some but I hated it. After two nights my back had it. For this reason alone I would not stay here again. The hostess was okay but other reviews described her as being wonderful. She didn't go out of her way to make us feel at home. For example, Located within the second floor sitting area there was a frig with bottled water and some snacks like nuts. We were never informed about them or told to help ourselves. I found them as I was wandering about and wondered if they were for the guests. We did not have breakfast here because we ate with family. I am told from other frequent guests that French toast is the regular.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Kennett House Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 11 December 2016

We stayed here during the Thxgiving weekend with our 3 year old daughter. Gilja's breakfasts are very delicious!! Even our kid enjoyed them! The french toasts were really good!!! We got the biggest room with a king size bed and a pull out couch. The bed had the softest mattress ever which I really enjoyed! It felt like sleeping on a cloud :) We will definitely consider staying here again during any big family gatherings back in the PA area. Gilja is a very lovely hostess and her B&B is lovely, homy and confortable!!

Room Tip: If you love soft mattress get the bigger room :)
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

While visiting family for Thanksgiving we decided to stay in Kennett Square as this year would be closer to our final destination.
The Kennett House did not disappoint. It's a lovely old house which has been very well maintained and has some beautiful old thick moldings and solid wooden doors, with built in reading nooks by the front door.
The 'Longwood Suite' was probably one of the nicest B&B room we have stayed in. Very Spacious, Clean and tidy with all the comforts of home. A very warm and inviting place. The king bed was one of the softest I have ever stayed on which was great for my wife although I do prefer something a little firmer.
The whole place has a very homely feel which may well be to our host Gilja who was fantastic.
Not to detract from the Kennett House but I was slightly surprised by the street parking, although the area looks very safe I'm always skeptical leaving my car in an unfamiliar area.
All around a wonderful place and Gilja breakfasts are a fantastic start to any day. I would recommend The Kennett House to anyone and we will definitely be back again.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2016

Gilja dedicates herself to the mansion and her guests. The Arts and Crafts style mansion is beautiful and very well maintained. Our bath was newly updated. I found the decor slightly uncoordinated with the home yet pleasing. Our second night we had to move into a larger room due to needed maintenance of the original smaller room and were not charged extra. The entryway and key system is charming. The breakfast is superb. Located in the heart of Kennett Square.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2016

My parents and I recently chose to stay with Gilja and her beautiful Kennett House B&B. Every detail was considered at this quaint and beautifully-maintained early 20th century home... The Arts & Crafts details, the thoughtfully-prepared breakfasts and delightful "peace" ongoing in this home --all of these elements come together to provide a terrific Kennett Square experience! Each of the bedrooms had comfortable beds and private bathrooms and the house is so close to the town center and to Longwood Gardens and Phillips Mushroom experience... I just can't say enough nice things about the place, about Gilja as a host or about the opportunity she provides for a terrific visit to the area! I can't wait to star at Kennett House again.

Room Tip: Longwood Room has a separate sitting room and the Brandywine Room has a wonderful bathroom with a la...
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
18.2 km away
Hotel du Pont
Hotel du Pont
#2 of 13 in Wilmington

Been to Kennett House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!