“Cannot go wrong”
Review of Kimberton Inn

Kimberton Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Kimberton Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Kimberton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Creatively prepared food in a cosy, but classic atmosphere. Service is polished. Wine list is extensive and food is outstanding. Highly recommend!

Tara C, Public Relations Manager at Kimberton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Thank you for your review! And for visiting us. Please come back soon

Reviewed 11 October 2017

My better half and I chose the Kimberton Inn when her company rewarded her with "dinner on us" for a job well done. She is new to the area and wanted to go to a really nice, fine-dining establishment. I've lived in Phoenixville since 1988 and had never been, hence the choice. We were seated promptly upon arrival a few minutes ahead of our reservation time. We were immediately struck by the elegant but rustic décor; it reminded me of the Dilworthtown Inn, and let us know we were for a special evening. Our server appeared promptly for drinks orders and the "Tonight's Special" rundown. We each chose a soup and an entrée and sat back to relax and enjoy. Her lobster bisque was delicious and hot; my French Onion was unremarkable and warm (this was the only hiccup of the entire meal). Our entrees were the Duroc Pork Chop (hers) and Striped Bass Rockefeller. Both were delicious, although I might suggest a little more oyster and a little less spinach for the flan that accompanied the bass. We ended with two wonderful desserts-- a spiced berry sorbet and an apple crisp-- and an Irish coffee. The waitstaff were attentive yet unobtrusive throughout the meal.

As I mentioned at the outset, her company was picking up the tab, so we didn't give much attention to cost. Had we been paying, some of the entrée pricing would have instilled sticker shock ($42 for lamb chops?). This is definitely the type of restaurant one visits for a Very Special Occasion, and with that in mind there will be no disappointment.

Tara C, Public Relations Manager at Kimberton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

We feel lucky you chose us for your better half's special night out. We hope you can come some winter's night and sit close to crackling fireplace because that is when our unique aesthetic truly shines (no pun intended, I swear!).

Reviewed 8 October 2017

We were invited to my nephews wedding this weekend. We showed at 4pm to an open bar. The bartenders were run ragged but able to keep up with the demand. The food was excellent.

Thank you for your review! So glad our bartenders kept up and that you enjoyed dinner. Please come visit for dinner sometime!

Reviewed 27 September 2017

We had family up from North Carolina who haven't had Kimberton Inn in many years. We thought it would be a nice touch to enjoy some time together during brunch. We were a party of 6, reservations online were a breeze. Menu sample online is subject to change with season and availability and there were some specials that weren't listed.
Be forewarned that some of the sizes of appetizers/meals might not be as expected. While the burger is nice in large and plentiful, the crab cake is small in comparison but everything was delicious!
The pace of service could have been quicker. It surpassed the point of comfortable time between ordering and courses where it seemed like we were forgotten.
My favorites: Fresh OJ, Lobster bisque soup, creme brulee!

Reviewed 26 September 2017

This place never disappoints and sure didn't this time either. Everyone enjoyed the meal. Our entrees included the duck, which is my all time favorite here 3 of us ordered it, steak and the salmon. All excellent.
I highly recommend this restaurant. The staff is always friendly and accommodating. I have never had anything other than a superb meal here.