2,763 results
All reviews honest phil ice skating breakfast in bed get away our honeymoon breakfast and dinner gift shop champagne tower garden of eden apple bubble bath mini golf newlywed game year anniversary speed boat romantic getaway bring your own forever lovers
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We went to Cove Haven for our 1 year anniversary.
We stayed in the Harbor Towers. Very nice room, and loved the door and balcony in our room (I do not believe any other rooms have a door outside-besides the front door). It was secluded and close to everything. Tub and shower were huge and we had no issues with hot water. The room was dated, but it was clean and did not smell musty. We loved the lights above the bed.
There was NO fireplace in our room as stated online- but we didn't miss it.
Food was good.
We enjoyed the bike riding, archery, paddle boats, speed boat ride, game room, etc...
It was nice to go and not be surrounded by children.
If you order the breakfast room service, you get champagne. Order OJ or Cranberry juice and you can mix your own drink.
You can rent adult movies $35 for a 24 hour period and a good selection of movies.
We really had an awesome weekend, and hope to do it again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Congratulations on your first anniversary and thank you for the review! We just checked online about the presence of fireplace in the Harbor Tower and couldn’t find where it was mentioned. If you are able to find it and email to us at PoconoRomance@starwoodhotels.com, we would appreciate it very much and immediately fix the error.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

We took a weekend getaway to Cove Haven. The resort amenities were adequate. There was golfing, bike riding, swimming, paddle boating in the lake, etc. We also went hiking within the area which was nice. I wasn't thrilled about the room though. It was dark, musty and the decor was from the 1980s. The bed wasn't very comfortable either. Dinner in the dining room was nice and the food and service were good. Afterwards you could watch the nightly entertainment or sit out on the deck with a glass of wine. Overall it was an enjoyable weekend.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pipsy05
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

We are glad that you enjoyed so many activities with us! Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

Honeymooners generally go for the Tower units but theres over seven steps and three levels.

The Garden Rooms are not your choice for asthmatics as the layout and A/C location are inadequate.

My favorite is the Fantasy, two steps and your own pool on flat land.

Juliettes are also great, dont offer your individual pool in your room plus they offer handicap units.

Once you park and unload, lock your vehicle. They do not want you driving around. Call #550 for the Chariot. Ask for p/u snd where you want to go. Easy and cintrolled vehicle on property roads where some ppl are out walking. Safety for everyone. Plus if your having a drink here or there you are not behund the wheel.

• Stayed: July 2012

We appreciate all the tips!

Reviewed 13 July 2012

This is our second time staying at the Cove Haven Resorts, having visited Pocono Palace almost twelve years ago. I have to say that Cove Haven is the best! The cleanliness of the room (Champagne Tower), friendliness of the staff, and overall quality and presentation of the food is second to none. It was exactly what we needed as a little getaway and we were not disappointed. We were so impressed, that we booked our next stay already. We are looking forward to celebrating our 15 year anniversary and would definitely recommend this resort to any couple needing a little getaway. It is a great place to fall in love again!

Room Tip: After having toured the other room types while staying here, the Champagne Tower Rooms are the way to go...it is the most expensive room type, but you definitely get what you pay for.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Noel H

We can’t wait to see you again!

Reviewed 11 July 2012

I am a ''forever lover''. I have visited this and all the locations and have rated this property the best of all of them. I can tell you that the atmosphere is great, the food is great but I think that my last visit there on the weekend of June 29,2012 will be my last one. I originally had booked a getaway for May and had personal issues where I had to cancel my reservation for that weekend. I called and canceled my reservation and was told that my deposit of 100 dollars would be credited to my ext stay. I was very pleased to hear that. Well my husband and I decided to book our very well deserved gateaway for June. I called the line and spoke with a rep who booked my stay and advised me that I would be required to pay an additional 100 dollars for the stay but that the other 100 dollar credit i had would be deducted off my balance at check in. The day of check in I was checked in my a very nice young lady that was very helpful. She then procedded to advise me that what my balance was. I informed her that it should have been less becuase they were to credit me for my original 100 dollar deposit. Well, they did not note my account which in turn I was told that I needed to pay the entire balance until the finance department could look at the situaltion and they would creidt or issue me a refundd for the 100 dollars. It has been almost a month since and I still have not seen the credit on my card. I have called and emailed different individuals with no responce. I fell as though that theie way of handling this situation has been not been satisfactory. It is very unfair to me and I do not feel appreciated when I spend so much money in their facility and have refered my family and friends there. I was very embarassed by the entire situation because I was with another couple. To top of the cake the entertainment that nite was horrible. I am just so dissapointed. To get to the point if you book anythying with them get everythingin writing and before check in ask if finance will be in the building to handle any situation that my might occur beacuse NO ONE ELSE CAN do ANYTHING. One more thing... The spa in the indoor pools were under construction and one of the outdoor pools were closed...??? all inclusive?????????

Room Tip: please book the best room in the house other than that all i can say is "YUCK".. I love the champange tower... The pools should be painted and cleaned MORE often...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mari711
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Mari711, we sincerely apologize for the problem you encountered. Could you email us at PoconoRomance@starwoodhotels.com with your contact information so we can get back to you and resolve this?