“Hampton Inn Never Disappoints”

Hampton Inn Lancaster
Ranked #5 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 16 July 2017

I traveled to Lancaster for a wedding and had many choices of hotels in the area. Every time I have stayed in a Hampton Inn it has been at the very least...very good. My only reason for not grading this Hampton Inn Excellent was the size of the room. It was filled with a king bed that left very little room for two people to move around. The bathroom was also small with a stand up shower and no tub. The staff was wonderful, they called an hour after we settled into the room to ask how we were doing. The breakfast was fine with scrambled eggs and the usual assortment of breakfast items. The coffee was excellent, especially the Robust blend. It was quiet, clean, easy to park and again the staff was excellent. I love it when the room cleaners just say hi as you pass them in the hall. This room was more expensive than some surrounding properties but worth the cost. There was a large group getting off a chartered bus as we arrived and I was somewhat concerned with the noise they would bring. It was unfounded and a good nights sleep was had on a nicely firm mattress.

Room Tip: At the end of the floor there is a staircase that leads to outside parking area and can be reentered...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Bree R, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I'm so glad you were pleased with our warm and welcoming staff, complimentary breakfast buffet and coffee station, and quiet and convenient location. We greatly appreciate your comments, your business, and being a part of the Hampton Inn family! We'd love to have you back again soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

I travel a lot for work and come to Lancaster every few months. This hotel is probably one of my favorites that I've ever visited. The staff is always friendly and welcoming. The last time I was here I didn't have enough change for a postcard and the girl at the desk gave it to me for free...75 cents but still-kindness goes a long way, especially when you're on the road away from home. The hotel is renovated and clean. A few people commented the rooms smelled like new carpet or paint however these would be the same people complaining if any small item was out of place-be thankful they've spent the money to update your room. The location is great-right next to restaurants-Ginza is very good. Take my advice from someone traveling weekly-this hotel is well managed and cares about your experience.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Bree R, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Dear Stacey -
You kind comments are so incredibly appreciated! Firstly, thank you so much for your loyalty to our property, as your business is incredibly appreciated. I'm so happy to hear that you are consistently pleased with our incredible staff, newly renovated property, clean rooms, and convenient location. Our team is so excited to offer a newly refreshed property (guest rooms, public spaces, and patio area) to our valued guests. Secondly, I'm also glad that you love Ginza as much as we do! (Travel tip: If you say you're staying with us and are able to pay with cash, they offer a 15% discount, and a 10% discount with credit card!) We are so grateful for your feedback and for being a part of the Hampton Inn Lancaster family. Thank you for letting us be your "home away from home" in Lancaster, and we look forward to hosting you again soon!
Best,

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Hotel rooms are large and new. Front desk staff very accommodating. Unlike many hotels on the main drag, this is in a quiet location but still convenient to all. Breakfast is way below par when compared to other Hampton inns and staff didn't keep things well stocked.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Bree R, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Ann -
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay at the Hampton Inn Lancaster. While I am very happy that you were pleased with our new rooms, wonderfully accommodating Front Desk team, and quiet and convenient location (which truly does set us apart!), I'm sorry that our breakfast fell below your expectations. I have passed along your feedback to our Operations Team so it can be addressed accordingly. I know I speak for the entire team when I say we would appreciated the opportunity to host you again and provide you with a more positive experience. Again, thank you for your comments, and thank you for your business.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this Hampton Inn due to a wedding near by. As usual Hampton inns are very clean and becoming more modern. Great room overall; the king bed was very comfortable but the top cover was way too heavy and thick. Bathroom was very spacious and had a huge walk in shower! Free breakfast was sub par but that's what I expected to be honest. No bar here either, but there's a beverage center 2 miles away with a great selection. I didn't notice any noise, I felt like it was pretty quiet. I did see there was a decent sized pool outside that kids were enjoying. Overall very happy with the stay and I would recommend them to those staying in the area.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Bree R, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Collin,
Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay this past weekend! I'm so happy to hear that you were pleased with your clean room, and our new and modern feel as a hotel. I'm also glad you like some of our specific updates, such as our new bedding and King room walk-in showers. Although Hamptons do not have on-site bars, we're lucky to have two great options, the Greenfield Inn and our sister hotel property, both within less that a quarter mile from us! Thank you again for your comments, and we would love to have you back when you're in Lancaster again.
Best,

Reviewed 9 July 2017

Very professional and friendly staff, and a nice family-friendly pool wih a decent complimentary breakfast. Also, it's pet friendly with a HUGE field behind it that is far from any roads or streets. I was able to let my dog off-leash for his morning and evening walks. That was a great bonus.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kevin,
Thanks so much for your kind comments! I'm glad that both you and your pup enjoyed your time here at the Hampton Inn Lancaster. We have specifically assigned pet-friendly rooms here on property, with plenty of room for your furry friend to stretch their legs in our designated pet area behind the property. I'm also happy to hear you were pleased with our team, as each member of our staff works diligently to make sure every guests feels a part of the Hampton family. Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to hosting both you and Fido again soon.