“Delicious and authentic ”
Review of La Cocina Mexicana

La Cocina Mexicana
Ranked #76 of 622 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

This is the favorite restaurant of friends of ours who live in Lancaster, and after eating here twice, I understand why...the food is delicious! They offer a wide selection of dishes, including some unique vegetarian options, and many of their dishes are also gluten-free. The tortitas de papas, huevos con chorizo, tamales, and carne asada tacos are some of the favorite dishes we've tried so far. Everything is been made with fresh ingredients and a homemade, authentic cooking style. They also offer three different kinds of delicious homemade hot sauces. The service is great, too. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 6 June 2016 via mobile

So I was in the mood for some Mexican food and took a trip .

When entering the small restaurant was greeted and taken to my table.

Ordered a Mexican coke ( so much better ya real sugar)

And proceeded to order the cheese and chorizo app ( melted cheese with the chorizo mixed in) when the app arrived Placed in a soup cup I tried it and unfortunately it had no flavor same for the tortillas i ordered 3 different ones all tasted the same except for the one topped with pineapple that was the only flavor that stood out.

Mexican food is absolutely delish and
Should be full of flavors.

I little love would go a long way.

Yes I will be back

Reviewed 5 June 2016

My wife and I have eaten here several times, as we keep coming back for more great Mexican food. Lancaster has many Mexican eateries which are very good, and this is one of my favorites. Location in downtown Lancaster is perfect with easy access to off street parking. Have a great meal, and then take a stroll around the beautiful downtown area.

This is a very inexpensive small restaurant which caters to people who love good food but don't need the plush interior of an expensive eatery. My wife and I spent a total of $18.00 excluding tip on a very delicious meal today. This family owned place has a keen reputation locally. The staff is friendly and helpful. Lunch time may be bit busy, but a small wait time is worth the effort. The Cocina Mexicana has a large diverse menu with reasonable prices. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 27 May 2016

They now have a catering menu online which is very helpful. Although parking can be challenging when trying to load a large catering order, the staff are willing to help. The food is great!

Reviewed 13 May 2016

When I walked in I almost walked out! Glad I stayed! Very small only seats about 25-30. But the food is great!! But no free chips and salsa. It not your normal (American/Mexican) restaurant.

But if your in downtown Lancaster it is very good!