“I only gave it 2 "stars" for the atmosphere”

Tio Juan's Margaritas Mexican
Ranked #56 of 104 Restaurants in Langhorne
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This was the worst place I have eaten at in some time. I understand they are new and have to work the "bugs" out, but this was awful. I first had to "flag" someone down and ask for menus. Then had to wait way too long for someone to wait on us. Then they got my friends salad order wrong..it took them 3 tries to get it right. All she asked was for no onions or cucumbers and make it a dry salad (no dressing) Not too difficult, well it was for this place. They are over priced, small portions and horrible service. The place is really cute inside, it is a shame that the food and service are so terrible. If things don't shape up quickly, this will be yet another failed restaurant in this location!! Don't waste your time!

Reviewed 1 July 2013

House tequila is bottom of the barrel so I got the next one up. $10 Margarita was way overpriced. Sat outside for apps and drinks only. Bad move. We left before we could sit inside to eat. Not going back.

2  Thank Mbflags
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Be prepared for large crowds and a long wait since it's the newest restaurant in the area. Happy hour appetizers and drinks were good (it's the only place we could find a table) but will wait to try the dinner menu in the fall when the crowds die down. Plus there's not enough parking so you either end up driving in circles around the building waiting for a spot or parking across a busy street. We had a problem with our bill since we had a birthday coupon but when we mentioned it to the manager, he told us to come back in a few days if it's not corrected. I think they need a little better customer service than that. They won't always have the Sesame crowd and will eventually depend on the locals to build their business.

1  Thank KaMar4486
Reviewed 26 June 2013

It has only been opened a week or so - I feel our experience should have been fantastic but needless to say... It wasn't . There must have been 6 girls at the hostess desk! Some of them should have been waitressing . There was a 45 min. wait on an early Sun. afternoon and half the tables in the restaraunt were empty!!!! I don't know what the problem was but it sure ticked me off that it took them 45 minutes to seat us at one of the empty tables we had been staring at for the past 45 min. Anyway -
way too expensive for the quality. $14 for a chimichanga? nothing special either. $10 for shrimp quesidillas - about 3 shirmp total. The peach sangria was horrible and around $9. Best was the salsa/chips. we should have left it at that. Waitress spent alot of time cleaning up things people were dropping on the floors. Bathrooms - no toilet paper in one stall. The stall doors seem to have been put on backwards!!!! awful bathroom. Anyway - too much $$ for nothing you couldn't get better and cheaper at Taco Bell! Also - the website has a button for "reviews" but when you select it - it takes you to the Sesame Place website - I wonder why????!!!!!

2  Thank sierralouise