“Pleasantly surprised”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 September 2016

We had been here a few years ago and did not like the queso appetizer, so did not come back. We went Sunday afternoon and were very happy with our visit. They were not busy at all, so that may have helped service.
We were greeted and seated immediately. Our waitress was right there took our order and the queso came right out. The rest of the order took a bit, but not to the point of me looking at my watch.
Food was good, hot and the waitress was outstanding. Got soda refills immediately.
I know this place got some bad reviews, but If they are trying to fix, it they deserve a good review. We were thanked by the hostess on our way. out.

MargsMex, Public Relations Manager at Tio Juan's Margaritas Mexican, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2016

We're so happy you're a fan of Margaritas! We appreciate you stopping in and look forward to having you again soon.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

The food waservice cold my refried beans smelled like fish my drink was watered down and on top of that there was a hair in my daughters food.

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

Didn't know to title it but the food was okay. It didn't impress me to say that I would come back or refer anyone there. The portions were bit small and slightly overpriced. The restaurant is nice and provides privacy.

MargsMex, Public Relations Manager at Tio Juan's Margaritas Mexican, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

Hi Jessica, thank you for your feedback. We aim to provide a mini vacation to Mexico in each of our dishes and we're disappointed that yours was not up to par. We are reaching out to you privately to get your contact information so we can chat more about how we can improve in the future. Thank you again.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

We had dinner here with 4 adults and 2 small children while visiting Sesame Place.
They gave us a huge table with plenty of space to spread out, which was very important with 2 children in high chairs. It was off in an alcove of its own, which made it especially comfortable.
We each ordered different dishes, including tacos and zarape made with beef. Everything was delicious!
We started with a Margarita suggested by our very friendly and helpful waitress.
We ended our meal with fantastic desserts, including lava cake and fried ice cream.
Overall, an excellent experience!

MargsMex, Public Relations Manager at Tio Juan's Margaritas Mexican, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2016

Thanks for stopping in! We hope to see you again soon. :)

Reviewed 31 August 2016

I'll start by saying I'm not surprised about reading all the reviews on here about poor service, as that's exactly what we had. To be fair, this is a neat-looking restaurant with nice decor inside, and the food was very good at a fair price, but poor service can easily ruin a nice meal. We were handed menus and had to ask 3 times for a kids menu, as if the server couldnt see the 4 year old child with us. We ordered, were brought our food and drinks, and then forget seeing the waiter after that. He never came to the table to ask how our meal was, never came back to ask if we needed anything. When we finally noticed him, he was standing at the table behind us for a good minutes chatting to the customer there, I literally had to turn completely around, interrupt his conversation, just to order 3 glasses of water. and those 3 glasses of water took over 10 minutes to get to our table. He obviously had no desire to be helpful or of any service to us during our meal.

To top it all off, he also wouldnt serve my 40 year old wife a margarita because she didn't bring her ID with her, we havent been carded or refused alcohol in a restaurant for over 15 years, so although this may be their policy, its a pretty ridiculous one. When the check was brought by our unfriendly waiter, he proceeded to scold me and argue with me because he saw my wife take a sip of my margarita.

I have no desire to be treated like a 5 year old when i eat out at a restaurant...again its unfortunate because the food was very good and the atmosphere was very nice, but that terrible experience means I will never visit there again.

MargsMex, Public Relations Manager at Tio Juan's Margaritas Mexican, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

We’re so sorry to hear about your experience and thank you for taking the time to share it with us. We aim to provide the best service around, so we are disappointed to hear that yours was not up to par. We’ll reach out to you privately to get your contact information so we can chat further as we take our service and hospitality very seriously. Thank you again.