All reviews bucks county the club lounge across the street front desk sesame place burger king shuttle that runs shuttle service my son indoor pool nice size upon check oxford valley mall free shuttle sesame street small children park
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

To keep things relatively brief, My husband and i brought my three Year old and nine-month-old son to sesame place for my oldest son’s birthday celebration. On our very first night there, the people in the room next-door to me were smoking so much marijuana it was coming through to my room very strong through The adjoining door. I called the front desk and was told someone would call the room, which they did, but I heard the people next-door laugh it off and the smoking continued, only got stronger in fact. I stuck towels under the adjoining Door but nothing helped. A security guard was never sent upstairs to look into the situation were to talk to these people in person, as per protocol. And then I got furious that my two babies are being subjected to inhaling this smoke while they were sleeping so I called down to the front desk again to ask for a room change. . After this seem to take a while, My husband went downstairs to try to talk to the front desk in person and I continue to wait upstairs. I looked outside my door to see an employee named Daivon Standing out in the hallway. I opened the door to get the new key from him and talk to him and thinking maybe he would help me start the process of moving some of my stuff out in addition to my two sleeping kids. As I went to take the new key from Daivon, I inadvertently let my hotel room door close behind me and Locked myself out, so now my two babies were locked inside of a hotel room that reeked of marijuana all by themselves. Of course I panicked and shrieked “oh my God I locked myself out! Daivon snickered at me and smirked and said “well I can always go and get you another key”- as if I need to just relax. So I started telling him yes you need to go get another key right now, my two kids are all by themselves in this room! Well- Daivon stood there arguing with me for at least a minute, about who I think I’m talking to, he’s not a child and how dare I raise my voice, it’s not his fault I locked myself out, that’s my own fault, Etc. He even puffed his chest out at me so I could better read his name tag when I told him that I was going to report this behavior. If that’s not the worst possible example of customer relations I don’t know what it is. This was a safety issue, again my two kids were completely unsupervised because I made a mistake. He’s right I locked myself out, that wasn’t his fault, but to then stand there arguing with me instead of just running to get a key is just a sign of someone so woefully unintelligent, immature, insensitive, that he has absolutely no business working with people at all in my opinion. Plus it’s a straight safety issue and he made no effort to move quickly at all. Thank God at the same moment my husband came back up to the floor so I was able to get back into my room without Dave on his hel thank God at the same moment my husband came back up to the floor so I was able to get back into my room without Daivon’s help. A few minutes later, he sent up a security guard with our new key. He didn’t even have enough respect to bring it up himself and to check on us. Why the security guard was bringing us a new key and escorting us to our room instead of dealing with the people who were smoking in the room next to us I have no idea. Again- NO PROTOCOL. I did email the general manager that same night because I was so upset I couldn’t even go to bed and he called me immediately at almost 1 AM Which I appreciate it but he was not at the hotel until the following Monday. He was apologetic and he gave us the night for free but the manager who was on site during our stay never found me to discuss the issue, nobody ever had Daivon come to apologize to me for his disgusting behavior, In fact I saw him in the days after this happened at the front desk laughing and fooling around with his colleagues, He looked me right in the eye as if to show me that he still didn’t give a damn. Sesame place will constantly bring business to this hotel and they know it so if you’re looking for anyone to actually respect how you feel or to be held accountable for their actions, I just don’t think it’s worth their time. The fact that the daytime manager never sought me out the next day to speak to me about this issue is very telling of how little this hotel actually cares about their guests. I know will never stay again. A few other points: the hotel is attractive and basically clean even though my nine-month-old in his first 10 minutes crawling around picked up an old almond off the floor and put it in his mouth, Room service took over an hour to bring a cup of milk up to my room because I forgot to bring milk for my sons bottle and apparently this is because nobody gives each other the messages and they were just “so busy” (it was a cup Of milk!!!) ; and when we checked in the desk was kind enough to comp us free breakfast for the duration of our stay but then never told us about or gave us the vouchers that go with the free breakfast so I had to go to a whole additionsl hassle with the waiter when I got to breakfast the next morning and then had to revisit the front desk where I found one intelligent young lady who helped me and gave me the appropriate vouchers. What a waste of my time and how annoying that on my own little vacation I have to have trouble with these people every turn And finally If you have the do not disturb sign on your door but then remove it by 11 AM after you return from breakfast, don’t expect your room to be cleaned by the cleaning staff, since they didn’t revisit later in the morning after their initial pass why last night there was spent in a room that had not been cleaned. Again the general manager was very nice and helpful but It’s mostly a collection of idiots who work here.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank deamcconville
Raminder C, General Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Deamcconville - Thank you for your feedback. I really apologize on behalf of the team that you did not enjoy your vacation and the service at the hotel did not meet the standards that we should provided you.

We have discussed your feedback and certainly corrective actions with the team and the team members concerned. There is no excuse for it and I am working with the team to make sure that we improve and provide a higher level of service that what you experienced.

Again I apologize on behalf of your team and really appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

We are Sesame members who usually stay at the SpringHill Suites around the corner, but since we are Gold Elite with Marriott Rewards and Marriott is about to merge with Sheraton and all the SPG points count, we decided to give the Sheraton a try. One block further away and about $100 cheaper. Well... now I know why.

First off, the room was fine, as was the rest of the hotel. Clean and updated, good AC, strong, hot shower.

My issues are with staff and policies. As Gold Elite members, we get free breakfast no matter what brand Marriott we stay in, even if breakfast is not included in the regular room rate for everyone else. Sheraton did not honor this, which I completely understand, since the transition happened. *We will get back to breakfast in a minute. While at Sesame, we got caught in torrential downpours and 45 MPH winds, so we called the hotel, the number on our reservation confirmation, to ask if there was a shuttle from the park so we could leave our car and return later. *They said NO. Later, we called to make sure that the cot we requested for our kiddo was ready in our room, a few hours before we would arrive. They said, no, but it would be shortly.

Fast forward to our 9PM arrival, exactly when we said. When we pulled up, we saw a *Sesame Shuttle parked at the entrance. They do indeed have shuttles, but the people who answered the phone were apparently at the reservations headquarters and not in the actual hotel and didn't know. How do you not know that no matter where you are? It's part of the job. Asked at the front desk about the cot. They said it was in the room. And then we go upstairs and the cot was still not there. at 10:15PM after calling the desk several times, it finally arrived.

After complaining about the shuttle, lack of knowledge on the phone, and the extremely late arrival of the cot, we were STILL not offered breakfast as an apology. I think that's not the best customer service. The desk also knew nothing about the merger or whether those benefits would carry over at a future date. On the bright side, the gentleman at check-out was a little more understanding and did offer us some bonus points for our trouble.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Raminder C, Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Barbara - Thank you for the feedback. I apologize the inconveniences that you had during your stay at the hotel.

I certainly understand the little things that make the stay fun and personal. We are sharing your review with the team as a teachable moment in providing guest service and raising the level of convenience for the guests.

Again I apologize and hope that the next time you are in the area The Marriott/ Starwood reward points would be merged, seamless and we would get the chance to have you stay at the hotel.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

We recently stayed here with her two-year-old son so we could visit Sesame Place! This hotel was amazing! Every single person who worked here was friendly, and helpful! Anytime we needed anything, they got it to us within seconds! The room was awesome, the pool was great, breakfast was super and there was even a few restaurants in walking distance! We will be staying here again in the winter! Cannot wait!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed here in order to be close to Sesame Place. We arrived on a Sunday afternoon after spending the day at Sesame Place. Took a shower and could only get lukewarm water at best. Complained to the front desk. The next morning took a shower and could only get COLD water. Complained to the front desk. They had the maintenance manager come up later in the morning and there was hot water. It seemed the way the water was circulated in the hotel maybe there was heavy usage when I took my shower and we were the last in line.
Went to the park and came back to find our key didn’t work. They redid it, we went to our room and it still didn’t work. Back down again. They said battery must have died on door lock mechanism. They let us in our room - said that they would put in new battery and bring us a new key. Never brought the key - I had to call again.
By 2:00 our room still hadn’t been cleaned so I called again and I understood they had till 3. Someone finally came and cleaned the room. She flushed the toilet after she cleaned it and then the toilet kept on running. Had to call again to get maintenance in. ‘Old flapper’ he said and replaced it.
By this time I had had it. The man at the front desk also realized that this was ‘over the top’ as far as a bad experience was concerned and told me he would talk to management about it and that when I checked out I should get a credit.
The next day was fine except again they cleaned the room late and then the day after that we were leaving. Of course that day we were leaving they knocked on our door at 8 AM to clean the room.
I went to the front desk and asked about the credit. They said there was a note in our account about everything but management said they would not give us a credit because we booked thru Hotels.com not their hotel directly. I was astounded. We all book thru third parties and when I have deserved a credit I have always gotten one. The woman at the desk felt bad I think and offered us some SPG points. I would much rather have had an actual credit for my stay there than points to stay again.
Poor management I feel all around.

The shuttle to and back from Sesame Place gets an A+ from me. The drivers were a joy and they were always on time. Can’t say enough good things about them.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Laura C
Raminder C, Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Laura - I apologize for the problems that you had during your stay at the hotel. These are not things you should have to deal with while you are coming here to enjoy Sesame place.
Please email us at buckscountysheraton@gmail.com, so that we can get the particulars and issue the refund that was promised to you.
It is for us to make sure that we can deliver what we promised to you.

We are discussing your comments with the team, understanding their impact.

We hope that next time you are in the area, you would give us a chance to provide you the service you expect.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

I chose this hotel particularly because it was located right opposite the park and provided a free shuttle to the park. I had no issues with booking my room and enjoyed the breakfast in the mornings with my family. The housekeepers were friendly and very helpful !

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family