“An intimate restaurant with good food”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2018

This was my first visit (Friday, 10/05/18) to this restaurant. I wanted eat something different, other than pizza or Chinese food, and I found it. The Oasis in Lansdale is a small, intimate restaurant (I don't think it has more than 15 tables). It's a family business where the wife cooks & husband is your server. The restaurant is also BYOB (we brought a bottle of white wine). We had no wait for a table. We started our meal with pita bread, greek olives & hummus. At first, I ordered the eggplant & pasta entree for dinner but our server told me that the eggplant had a bitter taste and would not serve it (which I definitely appreciated his input). Who wants to pay for food that has a bitter taste? So I ordered Shish Taouk, chicken kabob, which was delicious! Very flavorful. For dessert we had pistachio baklava and coffee. It was the best way to finish our dinner. This restaurant was definitely one I would go back to & highly recommend. Just a few small notes; it's on the street parking, restaurant is a brick house with signage and be careful leaving the restaurant the first step is steep but the food was worth it. Our dinners, for two people, was just under $50 (not including tip).

Reviewed 30 August 2018

On a Saturday afternoon, we reached our oasis in the center of Pennsylvania. The menu was loaded with traditional Lebanese dishes and we tried nearly all of them. Kibbee, lebaneh, tabbouleh, olives. All delicious. Ended the meal with a london broil shawarma.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

This restaurant is rather small and casual but that makes for a nice atmosphere. It is cash only. Whenever I go with a group we have to order the grape leaves and the cauliflower appetizer. The Eggplant Swarma is excellent. In fact, everything I have ordered here is great. Don't miss the ice tea - best I've had. The owner/waiter is always charming and good for a laugh. The Baklava is a must also! Been here at least 30 times and can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

The Oasis has been there since the 80's - but really who was eating hummus in 1987? But they stuck it out and now the place is slaying it! Hummus is awesome and my personal favorite app is the stuffed grape leaves. Its not a huge menu but diverse enough for just about any discerning palate. Between here and Yanni's up the street Lansdale is blessed with two great options... check this place out - their success is 25 years in the making!

Reviewed 9 November 2017

We arrived to meet friends. The restaurant was empty and cold.
It was raining and dank outside plus we arrived in the late afternoon.
No one was at the restaurant except the waiter/cook.
We were at the restaurant till early evening and no other customers arrived. in fact when we left the
restaurant closed.
We found the soups to be very good as well as the hummus, babbaganush and salad.
However, the skewer meats on the entrees were dry. Sandwiches were better priced and more enjoyable.
Food lacked middle east seasoning.
We probably wont go back.