“Happening Place ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

One of our county's busiest restaurant and bar. Never disappointed . I had the New Orleans style jambalaya. I loved it. May be a tad spicy for some people. Friday evenings always have live entertainment. Best to make reservations on weekends or you may have to wait quite a while to get a table.

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

The place is well known locally based on the Sunday crowd. Although the place was packed there was plenty of seating and service was good. The selections were outstanding! I have no idea what was on my Cajun chicken sandwich but it was one of the best I've ever had.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 21 March 2017

4 of us stopped for dinner around 7:00p on Sunday evening. We each had fabulous meals for a very reasonable price.

The ambiance was fabulous - the warmth and soft lighting from the huge fireplace was delightful!

I had the baked tomato soup with croutons and lots of melted cheese over it. It was PHENOMENAL!! Definitely will order this again. For my entree I had the chicken quesadillas with sour cream and salsa, I could only eat half and ate the other half tonight for dinner.

Hubby had a specialty beer which he loved. He had the Blue Bird sampler which included boneless wings, mozzarella sticks, breaded cod, homemade potato chips, spicy marinara ranch dressing. He thoroughly enjoyed this sampler.

One of our friends had the steamed shrimp covered in medium Old Bay seasoning. They were fabulous!! Her husband had the brisket quesadillas which he said were fully loaded and delicious!!

Too full for dessert or coffee. The food was fabulous. Service was extremely slow, even as the crowd thinned out. That's why I gave a rating of 4 instead of 5.

Restroom clean, plenty of parking, although you have to walk up a hill, so be aware of the rigor if you use a walker or have difficulty walking.

Bill was reasonable - ours was under $40 before tip.

Will definitely return

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

My first visit was with some co-workers for a little happy hour they call Thirsty Thursday. The drinks and appetizers were delicious! Our waitress was delightful and friendly with fast service. I enjoyed the atmosphere. The weather was rainy so we did not get to sit outside. I definitely want to go back when it is nice outside. The place is lovely!

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 12 March 2017

Visiting my brother who lives about 30 minutes away from this place and we live about 90 minutes away and he ate here few years ago and wanted us to meet him here for lunch last Saturday, loved the beautiful dining area and all of our meals were excellent--my husband and I had the seafood roll which reminded us of Maine Lobster roll, so good! My brother had chicken and crab sandwich which he enjoyed very much, soups and chips very tasty too. The desserts were wonderful! Our server "Kris' was very friendly and attentive and awesome about us staying there awhile to talk and catch up with my brother even though it was a busy lunchtime . Ready to go back and try more of the great meals listed on their menu, well worth the 90 minutes drive, also prices very reasonable for portions we got, loved the history of this place too, thank you!

Date of visit: March 2017

Been to Blue Bird Inn? Share your experiences!