Bear Creek Mountain Resort
Priceline
US$125
Fairfield Inn
US$65
All reviewsoutdoor jacuzziski slopessnow tubingdisc golfqueen suitetrail's endclose to homewedding venuedaughter's weddingsteam roomlehigh valleyhot tubcommon areasgreat weekendlift operatorsstayed for two nightstrails end
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Purchased snow tubing tickets a few weeks ago, but due to bad weather two weekends in a row, we were unable to go at the time we had picked. Guest services was incredibly helpful and allowed us to change the time twice, which, for me, was so helpful. Really glad they allowed us to do so! Really great customer service.
Meanwhile, I also read that Bear Creek is great for learning how to ski/snowboard, so I decided to try out the adult Discovery snowboarding program for my cousin and me. Best decision ever! Price was very reasonable for what was included. Once we passed all the small technical lessons at the bottom of the hill, we went up the slope and spent almost 3 hours just practicing. We totally lucked out by getting LT Dan as our instructor. Fantastic guy and was incredibly patient with us. Gave us really great pointers and let us learn at our own pace. While I was up there, I was watching a few other instructors teach and they weren't nearly as good or patient with the other students. It takes a lot to teach properly and be able to adjust according to the student's needs and LT Dan has definitely achieved that. (Side note: there was a lady down at the bottom of the slopes that was super helpful when we first were learning, so shout out to her as well!) A lot of the younger instructors weren't as helpful, but were still good with the kids. Glad we got a seasoned veteran to teach us, or else I would have been lost the whole time.
Now that we know this place exists and that it's a lot closer to us than Camelback or the others, we will definitely be coming back. We wanted to stay overnight, but decided not to at the last minute because we were unsure of our plans. However, we will most likely make a weekend out of it next season!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Keri M
Bear C, Manager at Bear Creek Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Keri,

Thank you for your feedback. We glad you had such a great time and hope to see you again at the resort. We will pass along your kind words to the staff.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

A lot to like about this place.
1. Its much quieter than downtown Allentown.
2. Beds are comfortable
3. I liked the breakfast setup. A small place with excellent selection. I had a fruit cup and vegetable omelet first morning and fruit and bagel next morning. Good coffee, free newspapers.
4. We also had dinner at the large formal restaurant. Food there was pretty good, excellent service, pricey
5. The one thing I didn't like was the bathroom toiletries, imported.

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook the mountain and ski slopes.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank DKB863
Jeff Z, Manager at Bear Creek Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Thank You for your response and feedback. We are glad you had such a nice stay and we have made note of your feedback. We hope to have you as a guest again soon!

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Love it here! Cozy clean modern rooms. Enjoyed going to sleep with the fireplace! Plenty of interesting seating areas. Heated pool fun in winter! Indoor hot tub more fun for the kids. Hot tub was great also. Restaurants are always good. Slopes are small but lines aren’t usually too bad. A great family trip!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Bear C, Manager at Bear Creek Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Hey Laura,
Thanks for sharing with us. We are glad you had a great time and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were in the area, and spent a night here. Beautiful setting, nice accommodations, good dining options. Service was friendly, beds comfortable. We are not skiers, but loved the place and would return.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Jeff Z, Manager at Bear Creek Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Judith,

Thank You for sharing your experience. We are glad you had such a nice time and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

This place is awesome. Basically stayed the same school holiday the 5th year in a row with about 15 families from school. Big slope side 1 bedroom with a pull out. Family of 6. Comfortable. Clean. Dinner in the main restaurant with a group of 16 adults went smooth and no order errors. My kids are now older and can comfortably roam the hotel with no issues. Staff at all levels is exceptional. I would live here. Set up with your family and friends by the fireplace in the south tower. Order food from trails end and they will happily walk it out to you. Slopes are just big enough to not be boring but the green runs and the carpet area are great for beginners. I hope this tradition continues. Can't wait till next year.

Room Tip: Slope side view all the way. South tower 3rd floor has very big balconys.
Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Bear C, Manager at Bear Creek Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Thanks for sharing with us AlwaysDisney, we are glad that we met your expectations year after year and hope to see you and your friends again next year.