US$81
Homewood
US$166
US$148
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$167/night.

US$109
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$177/night.

US$81
US$149
US$139
Priceline
US$117
HIExpress.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsconference centerwedding receptionfour poster bedfox and houndsbusiness parknice hotelcomfortable roomspleasant staylarge groupbrunchcanopyballroomhallwayconventionwaitstaffappetizerspennsylvania
Reviewed 4 January 2017

This hotel was a terrific getaway for a weekend - it looks like a busy business hotel for week days. Several excellent restaurants to chose from in the hotel, all very well managed. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. We had a standard double room that was very comfortable and a nice size. The only complaint is that they lost TV service during a big thunderstorm (satellite problem).

Stayed: October 2016
Reviewed 3 January 2017

I can’t comment on the hotel rooms themselves from personal experience, but conference attendees indicated the walls were very thin and felt as though they vibrated at night (heating? noise?). However, I did attend a several day conference here and the same vibration thing occurred in our conference room as well. Food was average. There was a big buffet selection, but nothing exceptional. The first day, the pork was so tough, you couldn’t cut it with the knives they had on the table. Easy to get to off 276/76E. It could use some updates as well- lobby, elevators, conference rooms, and from what I hear the sleeping rooms as well.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Mike_Chain, General Manager at Desmond Hotel Malvern, a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2017

Dear KCW25;

Thanks for your feedback, I am surprised to read it and sorry you had the experience with the food, as you can see we typically receive very high marks on the vast majority of our reviews. I am sorry we missed the mark on your meal.

Our guestrooms are block concrete every other wall with the alternating walls double sheeted dry wall with insulation, I'll look into the situation you reported, but the items weren't reported by your colleagues. Thanks again for your review, and I hope you had a Happy New year!

Michael Chain

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

The customer service was great. We had a king size bed which was firm and very high. I could have used a step stool to get into the bed. The room was clean and very quiet they could upgrade the shower head as it was like a garden hose spray. The food and service in the Hunt Room was great. Had crab cake for lunch and omelet for breakfast both delicious. Ask for Jackie as she is the best server.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2016

I stayed one night for business. Great location and walking distance to a company I was visiting in Malvern. The room was confortable and clean (mostly). I arrived late and left early so there's not much I can comment on but the staff at the front desk were very helpfull in storing my luggage while I went to my business meeting. One negative I can say is that the pillows were not clean. I'm finding more and more uncleanlyness on bedding items than ever before. Seems hotels are more concerned in saving money and being eco-friendly than providing the services we're paying for like clean beds, sheets, and towells. Another negatice is that there is no complementary shuttle service from and to Philadelphia's Airport. Cab ride was expensive even Uber. Would've been cheaper to rent a car which I'll do if there is a next time.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 December 2016

I stayed one night for business. Great location and walking distance to my company offices in Malvern.

Pros: Location is central and close to highway, restaurants and short driving distance from Wegmans and KOP mall. Across (Walking distance) from several small stores and a Wawa where you can get good quality food. This is also one of the safest neighborhoods in Philadelphia. Nicely decorated for holidays. Outstanding staff and painless check-in.

Room: clean, good size and very comfortable four poster bed. Heavenly pillows and good light control through curtains. Nice clean bathroom and basic amenities. Good temperature control. Lots of outlets to work from.

Food: Best free breakfast I had at an American hotel with great customer service. Food quality of the restaurant food is also great and I had dinner/lunch with same great experience. I tried pancakes

Cons: Really minor. Bed is too high for a short person to climb in and out so ask for foot stool so you do not fall at night (smile). Commode is on the other hand for a really short person and low. Coffee was not good in the room. My view was the parking lot and the offices in the back but OK for one night.

Room Tip: ask for a better view.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business