All reviewsbagelsroom was cleanrooms are smallcracker barrelstay there againcontinental breakfastthe price paidmulti night staysmoking roomroom ratefirst floorexcellent locationfamily reunionsausagestephanieapplebeesfridge
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

My son and I came up for alleghany college orientation and I booked the room on hotels.com so i got a discount. But when arrived asked guy we get a discount for the coming to the college said on college website which hotels give a discount so asked him to get a discount for that he said we already.had a discount but I explained. That was because I booked it online. So he said if we gave you a discount we would be paying you for staying here. Wtf so he also said I had to.leave a 100.deposit on top of me paying cash for room. So he put in envelope with my name on it
So I asked for a.receipt for the deposit he said all he could give me is what I paid for the room because he couldn't give me it because his computer doesn't have it o there. So I told him to.write a receipt on paper he gave me and at first just wrote 100.00 so I said I need more.proof. he wrote deposit next to it. Like something is fishy with this guy. Calling hotel owners when I get home.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

sexylisa46,

I am so sorry for the inconvenience that you experienced because of this during your stay. The deposit is for the incidental deposit which is 100% refundable to the guests if there are no damage/s is/are found on the amenities, electronics etc. in the room they stayed in. I sincerely apologized if this was not mentioned during your reservation, we will check booking procedure published online and update all information. Thank you for calling our attention for this matter and we hope to be serving you again.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

We stay here every year on our way home from Florida. Rooms are clean and very comfortable and the staff is great. Bed are very comfortable. Also close to a variety of restaurants for dinner. Breakfast is the usual hotel fare but they have waffles.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Blackbird45

Blackbird45,

Thank you for sharing your perspective of our hotel’s accommodations and services! It is very rewarding to hear from you on this matter and we appreciate that you have acknowledged our efforts to provide a clean, comfortable, and hospitable experience. Your loyalty is truly appreciated and we can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Another year, another multi-night stay at the Econo Lodge in Meadville. I travel here every year for my family reunion and each time I'm pleased with the quality I'm given for the price I pay for this hotel. This year I got a fridge in my room, I'm not sure if they're standard now or I just got lucky but it was a nice touch. We're really only in the rooms long enough to sleep and get ready to go out, so the fact the rooms are small isn't a bother for us. As always the housekeeping staff is wonderful and does a great job and is very friendly. The front desk staff is equally lovely and responsive to any requests or issues I might have, and does their very best to take care of me and answer my questions. I didn't bother with breakfast, again - because I'm either sleeping in or meeting a family member for a meal elsewhere. It looked more then adequate when I walked past it though. I fully expect to stay here again next year or any other time I travel to the area based on my previous experiences here.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep in ask to be on a higher floor, and in the back so the breakfast noise doesn't reach you.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
stephanie s, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Thank you so much for very nice comments, my staff tries very hard to make sure u will always have everything you need
See you next year

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Interesting place, room rate reasonable. Found it interesting that they do not allow pets, yet had two albino geckos in aquarium in breakfast room, birds in a cage in managers office and a cat, with bowl of food and water, by the side entrance door. My granddaughters enjoyed all the animals. I not really an animal lover, through. Beds okay, room appeared clean enough. Water very slow to drain out of bathtub. Hair dryer did not work, but front desk quick to give me another. They had a free breakfast, but we didn't take advantage of it, my fault, just couldn't bring myself to eat with the geckos. I do think this hotel has a winner, with their "Oops" towel! In bathroom, a dollar store white towel, with the word Oops written across the bottom, in black magic marker. Then, a laminated paper said to save the good towels, use this for messes and spills. ???? May need to take this idea on to Shark Tank, whatcha think????

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
stephanie s, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Thank you for your response, the animals are always caged and never out, I'm so glad u liked the oops rag, that actually was made up by a staff member and has taken off really well! Thank you for your response

Reviewed 28 August 2017

The room and bedding was clean, but the carpeting in the hallway is pulling up and loose in many places. The breakfast area was a little tight--right beside the exit and elevator. The continental breakfast was a little light. The evening staff was cheerful and helpful upon check in.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
stephanie s, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Thank you for your reply, we are in process of getting updates