“Well located but the food and service were mediocre”
Review of Stephen's on State

Stephen's on State
Reserve with OpenTable
Stephen's on State is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 125 Restaurants in Media
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 22 December 2017

Went with another couple to this establishment located on State Street in Media. I was excited when I walked in as there was a nice amount of people at the bar and at tables. My husband looked at me and said that he had recently been there to meet some friends and that I was going to be disappointed in the food. I continued to out table with an open mind. My husband knows me well...I was not happy with my food. And, the service wasn't good either. The appetizer came out pretty quickly, but the entree took way longer than acceptable. Didn't bother me as we were with friends and it gave us more time to catch up. However, when the food came I was bummed about my meal. I ordered a pasta meal which is pretty hard to mess up. It lacked good depth of flavor and just wasn't that good. My husband got the special (fish) which he said was good, but I tasted his and though it was bland too. It was very crowded (all the table were full) so I understand that the wait staff was somewhat taxed, however, when our appetizer plates were bused our silverware was too. It wasn't replaced and we sat with our meals in front of us and had to flag down the waiter to politely ask for utensils. Overall, this place was not worth the trip. I would not go back.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

early evening dinner for two. We were seated at a quiet table . Had fillet and flat bread pizza. Everything was prepared to our request. Would definitely return. Michael was our server. He was knowledgeable and very attentive.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

We have been to Stephens several times for dinner and entertainment. It is very small and the noise level at times can be bad. But overall if you like good food and being in Media its very convenient to shops and the theatre.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

My son and I ate lunch here after he arrived at the airport -- we were both visiting Pennsylvania. (We had a Local Flavor deal for 50% off, which prompted us to try Stephens.) It is located in a small downtown type spot where one has to find street or garage parking. Because we were there for an early lunch, pay parking was found about a block away. I had the French Onion Soup and BBQ wings, and my son had the chicken quesadilla and an Angus burger. My onion soup was large and great tasting and my wings were excellent. My son also loved his Angus burger and was ok with the quesadilla, which tasted a bit different than the average quesadilla.. All-in-all, especially with the discount, I wouldn't hesitate in returning to eat here when visiting the Philadelphia/Media area. The service was also excellent for lunch and the place was not that busy.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Overall we enjoyed this restaurant. We visited on October 14 for our anniversary. We had a reservation and were seated immediately. We loved our meal. My husband had steak cooked perfectly. I had the seafood bucatini which was delicious. The artichoke appetizer special was wonderful. Our server was knowledgeable about the specials explaining them from memory. He was courteous and kind. However after his first visit to our table he became a bit unattentive as the restaurant became busier. Perhaps he had a busy evening. This was a disappointment. If you are looking for cozy quiet, this is not the place. I had read reviews stating it was bit noisy so I was expecting it. We were in the dining room not in the bar. I would visit Stephen's again.