“fish and fries? TERRIBLE”
Review of Pitt Stop Pub

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pitt Stop Pub
Ranked #21 of 29 Restaurants in Mercer
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 24 December 2013

My wife and I are both from Mercer, and use to visit this place quite often when it was Butterfields. The food is usually quite good, but today I had fish and fries, while my wife had a burger and chips. I kid you not, there was OIL dripping off the chips. My fish was well overfried to the point that I was quite surprised that they would even serve food of this poor quality. After a 45 minute wait, and the place was not even crowded. The barmaid which I must admit was trying her best to keep everyones glasses full, was quite upset over the situation, and she knew there was a problem with the food. The oil that was used to cook the peoples food with should have been disposed of quite some time ago. To have oil dripping off chips, well there is no excuse for. I will NEVER put foot in this place again. There is no excuse for a cook to serve food that is that poor of quality.

Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Stopped here on our way to New York. Food was spectacular service was great and were very patrons friendly.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

The service was fine and the food a tad above average; prices about the same. Went a few months ago & haven't felt inclined to go back.

We had wings - which, were large - sauce was ok - about a dozen to choice from.
Beers were cold.

It's Mercer - not many choices here - so, what are you going to do!?

Reviewed 23 February 2012

Nice little pub! Food is usually great and not bad prices but still the bar atmosphere, ok if you like that sort of thing

Reviewed 23 December 2011

The Pit Stop has changed names in recent years and has cleaned up (no smoking - great!) and expanded it's menu but the wings are the reason to go. It's bar food but the wings are awesome!

Been to Pitt Stop Pub? Share your experiences!