“Hometown Favorite. ”

Pitt Stop Pub
Ranked #21 of 29 Restaurants in Mercer
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 7 June 2015 via mobile

This small establishment reminds me of the opening scene from Terminator where all the sketchy people gather for drinks and fun. However this place has THE BEST BAR FOOD in the area. The wings are amazing and can't be beat by anywhere in the county. Normally when you go in there are the regulars at the front of the bar and sometimes the local sports teams or work groups sit in the back area. The Pitt Stop might not seem like much but it is in fact a local gem.

Reviewed 8 September 2014

Stopped in the other night for some bar food and a couple beers. Had the loaded fries. They were awesome. Have stopped in several times in the past and had good food. BLT Wrap great, fish sandwich good, munchies good.

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Sign advertising great wings and burgers. They were out of wings. It took 45 minutes to get our food and the "fresh" burgers I swear were frozen and it was burnt like a hockey puck. The homemade potato chips were ok but were not salted. The loaded nachos were ok but I couldn't get past the banana peppers. Mexican loaded chips should have jalapenos on them. Nice waitress but overall just no good....

Reviewed 24 December 2013

My wife and I are both from Mercer, and use to visit this place quite often when it was Butterfields. The food is usually quite good, but today I had fish and fries, while my wife had a burger and chips. I kid you not, there was OIL dripping off the chips. My fish was well overfried to the point that I was quite surprised that they would even serve food of this poor quality. After a 45 minute wait, and the place was not even crowded. The barmaid which I must admit was trying her best to keep everyones glasses full, was quite upset over the situation, and she knew there was a problem with the food. The oil that was used to cook the peoples food with should have been disposed of quite some time ago. To have oil dripping off chips, well there is no excuse for. I will NEVER put foot in this place again. There is no excuse for a cook to serve food that is that poor of quality.

Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Stopped here on our way to New York. Food was spectacular service was great and were very patrons friendly.

Been to Pitt Stop Pub? Share your experiences!