“Horrible experience!!! ”
Review of Variety Buffet

Variety Buffet
Ranked #8 of 19 Restaurants in Mill Hall
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

My parents asked my husband and I along with our 3 children to join them here to celebrate my Dad's birthday. I prepared my plate and did not even make it half way through before I bit into something hard and black that was in the lo mein noodles. I moved the plate aside to be taken away and excused myself to the restroom where I profusely vomited. I went back to the table unable to continue eating, not saying anything to my family, as I did not want to ruin their appetites. A minute or two later I went to the counter to pay before my Dad got the bill on his birthday and to make them aware of the situation. I told the man at the counter that I did not eat because I found a rock in my food and one of the 7 buffets needed to be taken off the bill. The man then called the waitress over, began speaking in another language and left the counter and approached my table, asking my family if I ate, as if he was calling me a liar trying to get a free meal!!! My mom, unaware and confused by the situation told him "yeah, I think" and he returned to the counter and said I had to pay half price for the meal! I took maybe 4 or 5 bites of food, bit into a rock, was called a liar and made to pay 6.99 for it. Upon leaving the restaurant there was a food delivery truck being unloaded by a Chinese man just throwing boxes of food on the ground! From a Restaurant Manager with many years in the hospitality industry this place needs the PA Dept of Health called and shut down! What an outrageous way to handle a customer complaint, especially when I tried to do it discretely!

After my complaint, my families drinks did not get refilled, and I had to ask for the fortune cookies that are a Chinese restaurants signature. Horrible way to treat customers!

1  Thank Samantha S

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

Having the day off from work .My sister an I decided to go have lunch. At Variety Buffet for lunch price is $8.95.The wait staff very friendly. We where seated right away.The waitress took our drink order.Then off to the buffet the was salad with fresh vegetables,next there a table with Mac n cheese, stuff shrimp, crab cakes, mashed potatoes,pizza,ham. There's also a sushi bar.Next table was pork,ham, variety of different chicken, frog legs,steaks. There's soups along with another table of yummy desserts like cakes pies, fresh fruits.. an of course you gotta have ice cream...It's very relaxing.The place was well cleaned.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Good variety of food choices, good service, family atmosphere, reasonable prices, area staple. Conveniently located.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

We dined at Variety Buffet for the first time in November 2016. The only reason we went is because my niece loves the place & it was her birthday. We never went before, honestly because it just didn't look appealing to us. I'm glad we went for my niece. We had a wonderful experience there. First of all, we were surprised by the inside of the restaurant. Very clean & very cool décor! The food was great! Everything was fresh and hot! (for it being an open buffet and considering we went during evening hours.) The waitresses were on top of their game with their service too. Your cup never runneth empty. Definitely will be eating there again.

Reviewed 1 January 2017

Pretty typical Asian buffet style restaurant but some of the food was actually good. Others were bland such as the corn, mussels and crab legs.