“Centrally located hotel in the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Area”

Courtyard Scranton Wilkes-Barre
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Moosic
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 31 October 2017

The hotel is modern and had great customer service. The room was comfortable and clean. It is located near Taylor Pennsylvania which is between Scranton and Wilkes-Barre. The staff makes you feel very welcome and pays attention to detail.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Kristy W, Manager at Courtyard Scranton Wilkes-Barre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Thank you so much for staying with us. The Front Desk agents will be delighted to hear your compliments. They truly enjoy interacting with our guests. Thanks again!

-Courtyard Management

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Nice property, good location. Drawback, If you happen to stay at this Courtyard do yourself a favor call the property first and check if there is a wedding or bachelorette party staying there, if there is you can be sure the staff will allow them to party all night, you can call the front desk but you'll just be patronized like I was. The party was in the courtyard at the fire pit, I suggested to have the pit turned off but the didn't happen.
Good luck

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
LoisAnneCY, General Manager at Courtyard Scranton Wilkes-Barre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you very much for your review of your property. I do apologize for any inconvenience you had experienced as it regards to the noise you experienced during your stay here. We do appreciate any and all feedback and hope that if your travels bring you back to the Moosic/Scranton area you will give us another opportunity to impress you.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

En route to upstate NY! Decided to go half way and relax.

We checked in, got our room card and had to go back 3 times to get it to work. The desk clerk sent up a technician to make sure that # 3 was a charm. However, the front desk clerk was gracious and pleasant and comped our breakfast!!!

The room # 300 was spacious and had a balcony. King bed, sofa with ottoman and two other chairs! Refrigerator and microwave too.

This Courtyard has a bar and limited food and a “happy hour.”

We saw, but did not use, a pool and jacuzzi.

Plenty of parking. Near many restaurants. Just off I-81.

We have stayed in 3 of the Marriotts in this vicinity and this is the best!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2017

Spent a night here before the Steamtown Marathon last weekend. Have not had a ton of luck with mid-priced hotels near ski resorts. They are often beat up and run down. This Courtyard was great! Looked like what I'd expect on the outside, but the King suite we had was fabulous. Clean, big rooms, updated decor. Needed an extra set of towels, and they arrived within minutes of calling the front desk. Even got a call later to make sure I received them. Hotel is conveniently located near a shopping center with movie theater, shops and restaurants (some local joints too)

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

I made a reservation online using the Marriott App, like I normally do with all hotels I stay at. I booked a king room with a sofa and figured I was good to go. The lady at the front desk seemed nice until I realized that the room she gave me was not the room that I booked and I brought this to her attention immediately. I was told that the hotel only had two handicapped rooms available with king beds and that there was nothing that the hotel could do. I asked for my reservation to be cancelled and the front desk lady walked to the back room to talk to her manager, I presume, and when she came back she “Miraculously” was able to find me another king room like the one I originally reserved online.

The hotel grounds, lobby, and guest rooms are in good condition, but the mini refrigerator in the room has to go!! It has 2 settings, on for 2hrs or off for 8hrs and what does one do when they have beverages in their room that they need kept cold while they sleep?

I travel every week for work and normally spend 4 nights a week in any given hotel per week and what the front desk person tried to do when I checked in was unacceptable, period.

I have Diamond status or top tier levels with 3 other hotel chains other than Marriott and was hoping to finish out this year giving them my business but after tonight I’m not sure.

Hope this review helps.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Kristy W, Manager at Courtyard Scranton Wilkes-Barre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Scranton Courtyard with us.
One of our key priorities is to provide the highest level of friendly and courteous service. While it was a pleasure having you here as our guest, your feedback regarding the service our team provided caught my attention.
I am very sorry to learn that the quality of service provided by our front desk staff did not quite meet your - or our - expectations. As I was here when you checked in, I do remember this scenario. We like to preblock our guests very early in the morning to help out our PM shift. When you made the reservation, that day, the only available rooms left were the handicapped rooms. I did inform my front desk agent to break another block from another reservation to accommodate your needs. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the team in an effort to improve our arrival experience, and help them better resolve issues when they arise.
Thank you for being a valued customer, and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Moosic.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Moosic
0.3 km away
Comfort Suites
#4 of 10 in Scranton
5.1 km away
Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton

Been to Courtyard Scranton Wilkes-Barre? Share your experiences!