“REVIEW OF PRIME ON THE AVENUE”
Review of The Crab Shack

The Crab Shack
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in Morton
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Description: An authentic Maryland Style Crab House & Sports Bar with Live Music on the weekends, beer specials every day, steamed crabs & seafood, Baltimore Pit Beef Sandwiches and a great bar menu. A fun, casual place doesn't even begin to cover it! Just 15 minutes the Philly airport! We'll see you at the Shack!
Reviewed 20 June 2018

My husband and I went to Prime on The Avenue for our anniversary dinner. We had a Living Social coupon for a “Steak Dinner For Two”. With the coupon we received a shared appetizer, two steak dinners and a shared dessert. We had the shrimp cocktail as the appetizer (8 jumbo shrimp). I had the prime rib and my husband had the New York strip steak. Both were absolutely delicious and extremely large. The potatoes and vegetables were served family style. Both bowls could easily serve 4 people. We both only ate half of our entrees and took the remainder home for the next night. Our shared dessert was the chocolate lava cake, which was fabulous. I would definitely go back again for the food. When we arrived for our dinner at 7:30 p.m. on a Thursday night, the restaurant looked closed. The bar area was completely empty, not even a bartender. We wandered into the adjacent room and saw only 2 people in the entire restaurant. We had to wait approximately 10 minutes before an employee showed up. The waitress was really sweet and seated us right away. The entire time we were in the restaurant, she was the only employee we saw. She did everything, i.e. get the drinks from the bar, serve the tables, clean the tables, etc. so service was rather slow. She kept disappearing for long stretches of time. The restaurant is owned by the owners of The Crab Shack which is located up the street. I may be wrong but, I got the impression that the food was being cooked at The Crab Shack and brought down to the restaurant. I think that is why the waitress kept disappearing. The poor girl kept apologizing for the delay. Several other couples arrived for dinner while we were eating, since no employee was there to greet/seat them some of them left. I started getting up and walking into the bar area to tell new arrivals that the waitress would be with them shortly. Since I was only there once, I don’t know if this is a common occurrence. If it is common, they must lose a lot of business. The restaurant was very pretty, the food was excellent and our waitress was really sweet and helpful. I am definitely going back again.

1  Thank Lulubelle1212

Reviewed 7 June 2018

I am so sorry to read these bad reviews of this restaurant... My husband and I went to this restaurant tonight and it was wonderful!! We had a lovely crab bisque which was delicious, albeit not much crab was in there. Our salads were delicious, fresh and plentiful. We shared an order of shrimp wrapped in bacon, which was also very nice - well cooked, not over cooked. For dinner, my husband had prime rib, which was tasty and very juicy and I had a steak, which was also delicious. The service by Nora was wonderful. We would definitely return.

For the other reviewers, give it another try. Maybe they just had a bad night when you went.

1  Thank Rebe K
Reviewed 25 April 2018

Prime on the Avenue.... nothing about it was Prime! Where do I start???? My husband's martini was watered down,.They were out of prime rib, which is one of 3 steaks and their signature dish. They were out of the Zinfandel we wanted and only had 2 red wine bottle selections. The creamed spinach was so overpowered with nutmeg that I thought the jar opened up upon cooking it. Could not even swallow one bite! They were out of cheesecake which was their only dessert. The only good thing that I can say is that our crab bisque soup tasty and our waitress was very nice.
I don't know how this restaurant can stay in business! On our way home my husband and I laughed at how bad it was! Sorry though to spend a hefty amount on it!

2  Thank pammy624
Reviewed 13 April 2018

I was real disappointed in this restaurant. The ONLY good thing that I can say about this was that the steak was good however, a bit grissly. I took a friend for her birthday and they sat us near one of the windows which I wore my coat the whole time since it was pretty cold at the end of January. The music that was playing over the speakers was very loud, our potatoes and vegetables were cold and we had to remind our waitress 3 times to bring us our coffee. There were only 2 other tables filled but we had 2 different waitresses waiting on us. I would not go back again and I have never said this about any restaurant before. It seems eastern Delaware County cannot get a good restaurant going anywhere.

2  Thank Flossieo56