“Great ribs & wings...”

Engine 23 Smokehouse BBQ
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Morton
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 17 February 2017

Great casual atmosphere - nice place to go and get ribs, wings, or many Italian dishes. Can be a little noisy when crowded. Half-price wings on Sunday when you eat in! Well worth the trip...

Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

The food isn't as good, service lackluster and the Veterans discount card used to give 25% off is now 20%. I loved their brisket salad but this time it was smaller, they forgot the Gorgonzola cheese and the brisket was plain. I had to ask for the cheese and some BBQ sauce. The server didn't seem to know about the Delaware County Veterans card, so I question if the bartender who rang up the bill knew what the discount should be. My husband enjoyed his pulled pork sandwich but the cheese fries were meh, with not enough cheese. These used to be one of the items he loved.

Reviewed 8 December 2016

Ordered take out from this place as a break from turkey over Thanksgiving. Frankly, have not had great bbq around here in Philly - I usually get my fix while traveling down in the Carolinas or in the mid-west - but this place surprised me on the good side.

Place is certainly not eye-candy, having a small strip-mall feel to its store front. Even inside looks more like a bar than a better restaurant. But the food was enjoyable. Had the bbq combo and highlights included the pulled pork - juicy and just the right touch of sweetness - gumbo and sides. would've liked a little more meat on my ribs and the chicken was a bit on the dry side.

Overall, I'd get take out from here again.

Reviewed 31 October 2016

BBQ was so good I had to believe the chef was from Memphis or Greensboro. Turns out he's a local as demonstrated by the homemade cannoli and chocolate covered pretzel bits on the menu. I loved the baby back ribs and for the first time ever ate perfectly cooked collard greens standing vertically in a petite cup. My wife said the pulled pork dressed in a tomato-based sauce was the best she had ever eaten. There's nothing fancy about this place but beer selection is good, prices are right, and service is great.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

we loved it when it was tavani's, now its a combination of both Italian and BBQ.
The Italian food they serve is always amazing. I've never really found BBQ that appealing until I had their brisket. We eat here a lot and I think we have literally had everything on their menu. I've never had a bad meal here whether it be Italian or BBQ and I constantly recommend this place to everyone.