McCali Manor(Mount Pleasant)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleanpancake machinehot biscuitsfront desksausage gravythe breakfast areastay there againseven springsflat screen tvpa turnpikeoff the highwaypleasant stayyogurtgreat place to staypropertymicrowaverenovation
Reviewed 27 April 2016 via mobile

If this were my hotel, I'd temporarily close it for renovations. Pretty tacky to have workers tearing things apart and redoing them around guests, in my view.

My guest room, however, was OK. In need of some updating (more electric plugs for devices, for example).

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
HolidayInnExMtP, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mt. Pleasant-E Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2016

Hello Ethelethel,

Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us some feedback on our re-model. I wish we could close down for the renovations, but unfortunately that is not a possibility. Reservations can be made up to a year in advance, so there were already scheduled reservations prior to the re-model construction dates being set. We are doing our best to contain the construction to as small of an area as possible, and closing those sections off, but since our lobby is currently being worked on we cannot do so at this time.

I hope that you 'll come back and see us again after the renovations are completed, and you will see that it is well worth it. Guest rooms are slated to begin in just a couple of weeks, and soon our hotel will look brand new again.

Until then, happy travels!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 13 March 2016

Very good stay. Clean and comfortable. Breakfast (included) was pretty good. Staff was very helpful. Loved having ice machines throughout the hotel. Wireless internet included and worked pretty well. No problems.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
HolidayInnExMtP, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mt. Pleasant-E Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2016

Hello Donald G!

Thank you for leaving us a review! It's always a wonderful when a guest leaves us feedback after a recent stay, and we're thrilled that you had a positive experience!
Thank you for letting us know our staff was accommodating and that you encountered no problems.

Hope to see you again next time you are visiting the Laurel Highlands!

Until then, kind regards,

Reviewed 29 October 2015 via mobile

Everyone at this hotel is friendly and provide great service. Especially Dylan who I believe works the 3 to 11 shift. He went out of his way to help me do paperwork and get it to me and he even put paperclips on the items that I needed for me without me telling him too. He's well organized and a great young man. If you show up there the breakfast is great. The beds are great and so is the service

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank michael d
HolidayInnExMtP, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mt. Pleasant-E Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2015

Hi michael d!

Thank you for the fantastic review!

It's wonderful to hear that you had such a positive experience staying with us, and I'm glad that our staff, especially Dillon, was helpful and accommodating. I will certainly let him know that his efforts were appreciated.

Hope to see you next time you visit Mt. Pleasant!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 2 September 2015

It's clean, rooms are comfortable, breakfast is hot and fairly diverse (although not too enticing- some of the dishes had been sitting around for quite a while). Holiday Inn Express tends to be pretty consistent and this is no exception.

Downside? Staff isn't terribly service oriented. In the evenings, it can be challenging to track someone down. The hotel is a little hard to get too, and signage from the highway could be improved. The ongoing construction at the exit doesn't help this.

My biggest dissatisfier is the construction noise at the highway exit. Of course, this can't be controlled by the hotel, but it went on well into the night and was definitely annoying. Hopefully, it will be done soon.

Not a knockout hotel, but I'll probably stay here again next time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Get a room on the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
HolidayInnExMtP, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mt. Pleasant-E Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2015

Hello dkkckk,

Thank you for reviewing us as we appreciate every time a valued guest leaves us feedback. I'm glad to hear that you found us to be fairly consistent with your other experiences with our brand. It is IHG's hope that all Holiday Inn Express's can provide a uniform experience so that our guests know exactly what to expect each time they stay with us.

I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered with our staff. Unfortunately as an Express, we can only employ one desk agent to cover the evenings, but the agent on duty always tries to assist our guests in as timely a fashion as possible.

Also, we are hoping the construction is almost done too! The detours seem to change daily and we agree that noise is disruptive as well.

I hope that next time you are in the area you do indeed give us another chance to try to improve your opinion of us.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 17 August 2015

We stayed here 3 nights as part of a tour group. Room and bathroom very clean with lots of towels. |Bed very comfortable. Wifi worked well. Breakfast room well stocked. Hotel does not have a restaurant or bar and nearest was an Applebee. No real shopping nearby but would be a reasonable choice for visiting Frank Lloyd Wrights properties.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank mathladyca49
HolidayInnExMtP, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mt. Pleasant-E Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2015

Hello mathladyca49!

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate you letting us know that you enjoyed your accommodations. It was a pleasure to have your tour group stay with us, and I hope you had a good time visiting the Laurel Highlands. If you ever visit the area again, I hope you'll stop in to say hello.

Kind Regards,