“Overdue review of an excellent hotel!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Harrisburg West
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in New Cumberland
Reviewed 1 October 2015

This review is long overdue as I have stayed here probably 150 nights with no review posted. I travel pretty much weekly and have stayed at a lot of Marriott properties and can honestly state this one is the best! The front desk greets me by name each week at check in as well as a friendly hello can always be found as I walk by each day. I wish I was better at remembering names as they are with mine but shout outs to Linda and the manager Marybeth for all the help with issues in the past(not hotel issues but trip cancellations and mods to all my reservations) . The 'spark' behind this review is because I casually mentioned to Donna(who can always be found in the breakfast area insuring that everything is perfect and well stocked!) that I wish they offered Capt. Crunch as a cereal...They have fruit loops and apple jacks BUT NO CAPT. Crunch(my favorite). She saw me the next day and stated that it was not available for purchase so would have to stick with my cheerios. Well low and behold, this morning I was presented with a HUGE box of Capt. Crunch for my exclusive use! I was so excited! This is taking customer satisfaction to a new level! You can rest assured that if you stay here, you will find great hospitality, clean rooms and a great breakfast!

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Harrisburg West

Reviewed 29 September 2015

My family and I stayed at this hotel and while we only stayed overnight, it was a quaint hotel. If you've stayed at a Fairfield Inn before you'll know all the standard amenities that come with it. The rooms were clean and the breakfast was hot. My kids loved the indoor pool. Overall it was a good hotel and, if in the area, we'd stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2015

Traveling home from Florida, quick stop to see Hershey. All motels booked close by because of RV show. Place we stopped by last year was double the price and no rooms this year,so we Choose next closest. 15 miles to Hershey didn't mind the travel distance. Suite room was nice and great breakfast. The reasons for the 3 was our room was the last room on the hallway and our view was the expressway. Loud car noise all night. Good place to stay if you can pick a room at the other end of the building.

Stayed: September 2015
Mary Beth C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Harrisburg West, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2015

Thanks so much for your feedback and for taking the time to share your experience. If you are ever unhappy with the location of your room, please contact the front desk to see if we can move you to another location in order for you to have a more enjoyable stay. So sorry that this was not the best stay, but we will strive to make it better next time you are with us. Have a great week and hope to see you again when you are next in Central PA!

Reviewed 17 September 2015

My daughter, grandson and I arrived late after spending the day at Hershey Park. I booked this hotel so that we wouldn't have to drive all the way back to Maryland. The lady at the front desk (I wish I could remember her name) was very nice. She engaged my 7 year old grandson in conversation. Our room was very comfortable. Bedding clean and the bed held us until 10:30 the next morning! Needless to say, we missed breakfast. Oh well. Lobby had an area where we can purchase snacks and beverages. Love the fact that rooms have refrigerator and microwave! We did not want to leave but it was Labor Day and we had to get back to prepare for work/school. Check-out was quick and easy. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2015 via mobile

My husband and I are staying here now. Very nice and clean. We left another hotel based on it not meeting standards and booked here at the last minute. We checked in late but they were super nice and understanding. Gave us great food recommendations and things to do in the area. Breakfast today was hot and good (considering it's a hotel). The pool was clean and inviting. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Cumberland
0.2 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New Cumberland
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New...
#1 of 14 in New Cumberland
6.6 km away
Hampton Inn by Hilton Harrisburg West
0.8 km away
Days Inn New Cumberland/Harrisburg South

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Harrisburg West? Share your experiences!