“Sadly Disappointed”
Review of Centre Bridge Inn

Centre Bridge Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Centre Bridge Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 95 Restaurants in New Hope
Price range: US$29 - US$29
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Special Occasion Destination
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We arrived for our 1:30 PM reservation eager for a wonderful meal and a return to what we remembered as a lovely restaurant. Easter Brunch was served downstairs in a pretty bright room with windows facing the river. The friendly hostess cleared a spot for 2 right at the window for us. A lovely yellow tulip graced the table. We were hungry and set off for the buffet. There was a nice selection of more lunch/dinner items that included, roast pork, salmon, and two hot vegetable selections. The dessert table was pretty sparse, especially considering that bagels, muffins and large bowls of cream cheese and jams were also located there.
We cannot comment on the breakfast items other than to say the small bits of crunchy bacon left when we arrived were a nice addition to the green bean dish. A full piece did not remain when we first went for a plate of food, and we later found out that they ran out before we arrived and would not be making more. The Caesar salad and both vegetable dishes were all good, as was the roast pork in what may have been a light mustard sauce. We ordered a martini and a Bloody Mary from the bar and both were well-prepared.
Overall, however, this was a disappointing experience. We headed to the carving station and noticed that there seemed to be only scraps of prime rib left. The woman in charge of the station asked what we wanted. We told her both the rib and the ham. She seemed to sort through the scraps and pulled out a small chunk of what was mostly fat. Knowing what I now know, my guess is this was something she originally discarded when carving for those lucky enough to have gotten to the carving station earlier. When I commented that it appeared to be mostly fat, she responded in an obviously annoyed tone, “Well, it is prime rib.” I laughed and said, “Yes, I’ve made prime rib before and eaten prime rib, and it is still a very fatty piece.” She pushed it aside and picked up a somewhat larger chunk, cut it and gave me 2 small pieces (maybe 2” x 1”) and then allowed me to have a small amount of the au jus. My husband was given the same. The ham was fine, nothing special, but good. The prime rib had us thinking it certainly wasn’t prime. It was hard to cut, tough to chew and pretty flavorless. We did not eat much of the small amount we were given. We waited a bit thinking we just needed a fresh piece of rib to arrive. We then returned to the carving station. I noticed there was now something else there. I asked if it was pork, and the same employee simply replied, “Yes.” It appeared to be more of what was in the sauce in the hot dish area, but without the sauce. I asked if there would be more prime rib, and she simply declared, “No.” When my husband asked what would happen for those who had reservations from 2:15 or so on, she replied, “I’ll tell them what I told you. We are out of prime rib. I guess people here before you preferred the prime rib over the ham.” I then asked about the bacon and if there would be more and we got the same answer- “No.” We took a slice of the lemon cake with us back to the table as we figured it would be out soon, too. Other choices at least by 2:15 were unripe fruit, some sort of brownie, chocolate cake and something that may have been carrot cake. (Pieces were kind of strangely cut, so we are not sure what it was.) The lemon cake had an icing that seemed like something that should have been kept chilled so it was not good room temperature and sort of melted. The cake seemed wet—not moist. We found out that coffee was extra, so we didn’t bother. Honestly, at $40/person when you run out of prime rib and bacon before 2:00 pm, give people coffee. I will say that we thought our waiter was great, and he took 10% ($9.90) off the bill as he knew we were disappointed to not get any edible prime rib or even an actual piece of bacon. The valet is also polite and professional. We will not return, even for a regular meal as we are too worried we will be disappointed again. It’s a shame, as it is lovely and we remembered as a wonderful place to eat.

1  Thank Bebop12345

Reviewed 3 March 2018

We went for the first time two nights ago. We have driven by many times but had never stopped in. I made a reservation for my husband's birthday. I was blown away! Even though it was a rainy week night... every table had fresh tulips and a burning candle. The food was amazing. I really can't say say enough good things about this place. The setting is lovely, the service was friendly and good and the food was just delicious and cooked to perfection. This is now my favorite place and we are planning to go back on Friday to hear the live music that plays twice a month! Do not make the mistake of thinking that this is a place just for events (I had thought that). It's outstanding!! Love it!!!

Reviewed 12 February 2018

After many years of living in New Hope we decided to try the Centre Bride Inn restaurant mainly because it was the only reservation we could get. To be fair, the food was acceptable. Nothing to rave about but nothing to complain about. The problem was the service and the atmosphere. This is not a "romantic" restaurant. It is old and dated and the lights are too bright. There was a large empty room very brightly lit with buffet stations set up from a previous event that we looked at all night. They could have turned off the lights and shut the doors. Our first drinks arrived 20 minutes after sitting down at 7:15. At 8:45 we had not been served our first course, our glasses were empty and we had not seen our waitress for over an hour. I finally got up and asked the bartender (the bar was empty) if he could find out about our food. Another waiter took over our table and was apologetic. They also offered desert on the house which was nice but didn't make up for a very frustrating evening. There are many other great restaurants in the area.

2  Thank MDJ6296
Reviewed 21 December 2017

Went for a birthday celebration. Prior arrangements for a table by the fireplace which was accommodated. A beautiful setting. Decorated for the holiday. Valet parking. Dinning room is downstairs. Nice bar as you enter. Service was attentive. Not rushed. We were there at least 2.5 hours. Arrived at 5 for a 530 reservation. Took us right away. Food was very good. Was told that the original structure was from 18th century. Building burned down and was rebuilt in the 60's as what the original looked like. The only original piece is the fireplace. This is why I am surprised by their bathroom. I was told by a female in my party that there is only ONE! There was an electric heater with the wire across the floor! Not safe. Only one stall! They need to have another on the upper floor. With the amount of patrons it does not suffice.

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

Two stars for the view. From the time we were seated I could tell this wasnt going to a good experience. It took nearly an hour for bread to show up. Our food was luke warm and for the price, the portions lacked quality. Dessert was ok. But no coffee was brought or offered. And for parties over 6 there was an auto 20 percent gratuity added.
There was one overworked pleasant waitress who was doing her very best to keep up. Fortunately I base my tips on service not food quality, and for that reason I wont go back. And lastley, if your going to have a view like that.....at least clean the windows.

1  Thank Capt_Bleigh