All reviews new chef prime rib crab cakes no elevator wedge salad stayed one night breakfast room first floor kathy brunch
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

The room wam nicely sized and the bed was comfortable. TV was good and the cleanliness was decent. However the room I had on the first floor throbbed with the music from below, it was just a guitar player but amplified enough that I felt everything through the floor and any piece of furniture I sat on. A/c was good, the fan was a bit loud. The front desk worker was nice and pleasant but absent when we came and the phone to call for help just rang next to the front desk.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank VatoOz1970
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Came for a quick lunch and ended up staying for dinner and the night in a fabulous fireplace room! As a new chef is at the hotel and understanding creativity (versus inherited menus), we gave Chef Dave carte blanche to create and amaze and he did precisely that with sampler options....it truly was an absolutely amazing night, completely spontaneous and I couldn't imagine how it could have been improved. Even a "thank you" card is in the room - small touch but touching!

Room Tip: Ask for the fireplace suite/room if you can...
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emma M
Reviewed 31 December 2017

Over Christmas holiday, our family rented rooms 3 and 4. We met Kathy at check-in and she was A+, check-in was easy. We caught a couple of cold days (snow on Saturday) but there as good heat and good hot water in both rooms. The rooms are a little pricey but, on balance, we thought worth it given the unique historic Inn atmosphere and walkable restaurant and shopping options.

On the negative side, the continental breakfast is in a dimly lit room (only 2 light bulbs out of 8 on the chandelier were working) and the food was pedestrian. That could easily be upgraded and should be given the price. The parking is hit or miss. The lot behind the hotel was always full so we had to catch what we could on the street. Also, on Saturday night, there was live music in the restaurant on the first level that went until 1:00 a.m. It wasn't a problem for use (we enjoyed hearing "Don't stop believing" at 12:30 a.m.) but for a light sleeper it may not be ideal. This was only on Saturday night. Overall, a nice stay but we couldn't give it the highest rating for the above reasons.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank rcruser
Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

This was not a bad hotel; the bed was ok (small but not bad quality, blankets were a little thin), the old architecture is nice and gives personality but the walls are so thin you can hear way too much from the restaurant late into the night, the tub didn’t have a working stopper but was clean. For the price however I expected more. It was about 50% more than I would expect to pay, and not as nice as I had hoped.

The parking is also a bit of a distance from the hotel, which made for an adventure.

There is no elevator, and it is very not accessible for people with mobility issues but the hotel is old (Colonial) and is upfront about this so it wasn’t a surprise.

It certainly wasn’t bad, but just a bit pricey for thin walls and a smaller bed.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeanne C
Reviewed 12 October 2017

The pictures of these rooms are from back when they first created them. Our $220.00 a nite room was very DARK...minimal lighting. There were no tissues or coasters in the room and the phone was grossly dirty. The bathroom sink was SO SMALL I could barely wash my face. As I looked down the tile walls in the bathroom, I could see soap scum streaks down the walls. When I pulled back the bed covers....the sheets had 2 stains on them and someone else's rolled up hair!!!!! Yikes!!!! The bed side tables were dusty as was the bathroom floor corners. I can't even imagine how many germs are in those ancient oriental rugs....ugh!!!

The person who checked us in could not even tell us how to get to the Rite Aid, nearby...?

Room Tip: Look somewhere else. Plenty of nearby good places.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family