“Excellent Service and Great Food”
Review of Ko

Ko
Ranked #10 of 95 Restaurants in Newtown
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Very solid cuisine with excellent service. Bim Bop is very good! Also great selection for sushi lover

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

TL;DR: go to New Hope instead, or, better yet, to Lambertville.

We try to avoid Newtown restaurants. Always overpriced, never great food, usually loud and obnoxious clientele. Newtown is that kind of place; I miss the time when it was a cornfield.

KO and it's sister Oishi are somewhat of an exception. They are still overpriced, you get the same loud and obnoxious crowd, but at least they do serve decent food.

Okay place to go to on less busy days. You can make a reservation, but it means nothing. In my book, a reservation means an empty table that's waiting for you. In KO, you reserve in advance, come in and wait for your table. We had a 7pm reservation today; we were seated at 7:35pm.

Food is decent, if not exactly to die for. Most choices are okay. It's not real Korean, of course, just like American Chinese food is no Chinese food.

If you do go, avoid busier time like Fridays; don't trust their reservation time; don't expect a good value for the money.

Better yet, check out New Hope or Lambertville instead.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Great new restaurant owned by the folks who own Oishi in Newtown. Awesome food and atmosphere. This is not a BYOB like Oishi. They have a bar. I have been there many times now and have not found anything on the menu that was average. The food here is terrific?

Reviewed 10 February 2017

Yesterday I visited this lovely restaurant with colleagues from work and I was pleasantly surprised at the choice of food for a vegetarian like myself. The lunch special I had came with a house salad (with a dressing that was divine) and fried rice with seven vegetables and tofu. I thoroughly enjoyed the food and the ambiance was very pleasant as well. I highly recommend this place for lunch.

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

My daughter and I went there for the first time on a Thursday evening when it wasn't overly crowded. I had the spicy pork belly Bao Bun small plate and spicy tofu kimchee soup. My daughter had the chicken fried rice. Our meals were excellent and just the right portions.

We went back Saturday night because my daughter wanted their fried rice again. It was busy, as expected for a Saturday evening, but we only had to wait about ten minutes. My daughter got the fried rice, which she finished in its entirety. I order the Spicy Ham Chee Roll as an appetizer (yellow tuna). It was ok, nothing extraordinary. For my entree I ordered the spicy pork bulgogi which came with small condiments as in traditional Korean meals.

Our meals arrived and the waitress said she would be right back with my rice. She disappears for ten minutes. I had to ask a bus boy to get our waitress for us. When she came to our table, she then remembered she forgot my rice and brought it immediately. Then as I was picking up my last piece of lettuce, I found not one but two long hairs in my lettuce bowl. Nothing more disgusting and ruins a meal for me than finding hair in food. I showed my daughter and wanting to be discreet about it and not not gross the people around us, I tried finding our waitress again but she was no where to be found. Finally after another ten minutes, my daughter made eye contact with her and she came over. I showed what was in the bowl and she just gave a scowl and unmediated took the bowl without an apology or a word.

She returned a few minutes later with another bowl of fresh lettuce. Honestly I think she used the same bowl and lettuce leaf minus the hair. I didn't touch the lettuce after that. She came back to clear out dishes and told me she showed the manager what happened but the manager didn't say anything and she was waiting. Then she asked if we needed anything else and I told her no just the check. Our check arrived and the waitress finally apologized about the incident and brought us two pieces of complimentary mango mochi ice cream. She said it was on the house because she wants us to come back and apologized again. I told her it wasn't her fault. We paid the bill and left.

My disappointment with this is that the manager did not come out to apologize to us for the incident. I didn't expect or want a free meal but at least a manager to come over and talk us. I didn't make a scene out of it as being Asian myself, that is not how we handle situations. Also the attitude of the waitress when I showed her the lettuce bowl was concerning too as she just took the bowl away without uttering an apology or saying she would be right back. It was like I was inconveniencing her.

It will be a very long time before I go back.

4  Thank Diane O