“Amazing dum biryani”

Add it.
Persis Indian Grill
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Hands down the best Hyderabadi dum biryani I have eaten in the US. Super tasty, flavorful and hyderabadi

Reviewed 3 February 2013

I'm from NJ came here to visit a friend. Dinner was excellent....specially hyderabadi biryani and goat sukha...reminded me my all time favorite Paradise of Hyderabad, service is excellent and people are very friendly welcoming in nature..the goat and shrimp curry was well cooked and awesome...happy to find this place..i have been to many restaurants in New Jersey...believe it or not this is THE BEST ONE i have ever visited...i'm going to come back here again n again....hope we would have a similar one in NJ....worth every buck you spend!!!!!

2  Thank AlexDjN
Reviewed 21 January 2013

We went with an expired groupon on a Sunday night -- the restaurant was about half full. We had 2 appetizers: garlic chicken and pepper lamb. The chicken was tender and the coating still crisp, so the sauce must have been put on only as the dish was leaving the kitchen, as it should have been. The lamb with black pepper was suitably spicy and again carefully sauced. It took a while to get both dishes, and they were obviously prepared to order, not sitting in a pot waiting for a customer. Entrees: the goat biryany was delicious but put into a dish that was really too small, so it was hard to serve it without spilling some on the table; the butter chicken was the best we have ever had here or in England or Ireland. The sauce was rich, flavorful, but mild enough to let the chicken be the star. Prices were very reasonable, and it's BYOB. There was no difficulty over getting the original cash value back on the expired groupon. Although located in a somewhat derelict strip mall a good distance from our home, it's a place we will go back to.

1  Thank Lynn H
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Not too good food, missing authentic hyderabadi biryani for which I went specially, the biryani did not taste as good as it should. It was served without Mirchi ka salaan on the buffet. I used my groupon to eat and I was surprised when the owner brought in a bill for naan that I asked for in the buffet.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

Great location and very good food... try to make the buffet during the week if you can. I recommend bringing some beer.

1  Thank subphillyflyer