“Heaven on a Plate!”

Cafe Chocolade
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Oakdale
Cuisines: European
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch and was blown away. I spoke to the chef/owner bc I had some questions about the menu. He was very forthcoming and I could tell had that streak of perfectionism that translates to excellent food. I had the caprese gnocchi in a white wine cream sauce with a side (I use the term loosely) salad. The gnocchi was amazing, it had that melt in your mouth texture I had only ever had in Venice prior to this. The salad was incredibly fresh and delicious. I ended up getting a cupcake for dessert and then taking more home. It was hard to believe everything was GF. He told me he can make anything Vegan and accommodate most food intolerances. Frankly, there was no way I could tell my food " missing " anything. Give this place a try you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

I stopped at Cafe Chocolade while in Oakdale for a work meeting. The gentleman behind the counter was very helpful in explaining the different savory and sweet goodies. I ended up doing take out due to time restrictions. But everything I bought was delicious: brownie, quiche, cookie, and a cupcake for my husband.

I'd love to go back and dine there. The Cafe is small and cute, and I believe they make coffee, etc. The food is definitely worth sampling again.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

Lives up to all the Hype, if you are gluten free and or vegan this is your stop. Small Euro style place, the chef does everything takes your order, makes it and brings it to your table. Even outdoor seating.. It is a must place to go.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

My husband, 15 yr old daughter, & I walked in to eat lunch at around 1pm and was very put off. We had no idea where to go, wear to sit, where to order, & was very uncomfortable & awkward. Everyone starred at us like we had two heads each. Finally a guy asked if he could get us anything & we said we're just looking. He said let me know if you want something. My husband then said I'll be in the car. My daughter wanted a macaroon. So we ordered 4 different flavored. The same guy was so rude I would have walked out if it wasn't for my daughter wanting them. He talked to us like we were stupid. Macaroons were very good. Would never return!

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Not your average baked goods or lunch items. Every item made is High End. Skills you can only learn over seas to finally found in Robinson. French Press coffee to Guinness Muffins, something new every time and it's all amazing.