“Here's the beef”
Review of Capital Grille

Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Capital Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 2,210 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Wood Street
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.
Reviewed 29 January 2012

If you like Capital Grilles, elsewhere you'll like this. If you don't, you won't. High quality steakhouse fare - large portions, excellent steakes, Okay wines and an outrageously large check (especially for Pittsburgh) which is just fine if you have an expense account.

Reviewed 14 January 2012

Great food, Nice people, had a good hamburger and I will go back sometime.

Reviewed 13 January 2012

From the moment you arrive, it's a special place to be. Expensive but well worth it. Steaks are awesome! We loved it and will definitely return!

Reviewed 7 January 2012

I had just gone to the Capital Grille in NYC last week, so I thought comparing the two locations within the week would be interesting.

On ambiance, the NYC location felt nicer. I was in front of the kitchen in both places (did I look tolerant or inquisitive?) but the Pittsburgh location's kitchen is brighter and more into the dining room. For those who want to be in the kitchen action, it is a great option. It wasn't my preference, but it didn't bother me either. You definitely are in the action of the wait staff. Lots of traffic.

Food-wise and wait staff wise, Pittsburgh was much better overall. The NYC staff (3 men) sequencing of who is waiting on us, and who is on the "team" led to confusion regarding getting the meal in a timely and accurate manner. In Pittsburgh, one very competent female managed the meal order with great accuracy and managed to get me that spinach salad I never got in NYC. It was excellent by the way. Just excellent.

The food quality was very good. I had the spinach salad with a petite fillet lunch special with the creamed spinach followed by the creme brulee with berries. My lunch partner had the lobster bisque with a salmon fillet with a salad which looked (and tasted) excellent. We both felt the food quality was excellent. Lunch total was over a hundred with tea and coffee, but we both felt it has been a great lunch. The NYC tab was more, and I am not sure why, other than paying more for the sides in NYC when the lunch in Pittsburgh included them.

I did have difficulty making the reservation online that morning. It wouldn't go through on my phone and it was very frustrating. I actually poked my head in the door on the way to my morning meeting, found someone working there and made the reservation in Pittsburgh that way. In NYC, we didn't have a reservation and the place filled up quickly after we got there.

Both places were packed.

I highly recommend the filet I had. It has been years since I had a cut of meat prepared so well. Very well done. Or, rather, medium please.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

We have been here a number of times. Estelle, our server, is great. We always enjoy it. The pineapple stoly doley martini is excellent.