“Fantastic Thai food makes it to the northern suburbs”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Nicky's Thai Kitchen
Ranked #581 of 2,210 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Had a group dinner there a few weeks ago. Every dish was more spectacular than the last. You can customize your spice level and they have a nice outdoor patio for al-fresco dining.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

This just recently opened and we stopped in for dinner however there was NO a/c and it was unbearable. No seating was available out side. It was like a sweatbox. Needless to say this carried over into our dinner which was sub par.

1  Thank Barbi1526
Reviewed 28 July 2017

On a low humidity spring, summer, or fall day or evening, Nicky's Thai is a comfortable place to relax and enjoy freshly made Thai food. We thoroughly enjoyed our cocktails, salad, and crab fried rice in the thoughtfully developed outdoor eating area. The menu includes typical Thai dishes and daily specials. Bon appetite!

Reviewed 27 July 2017

The noise level in this place was deafening when we went for dinner, people were shouting at each other across the tables. The food was unbelievably spicy, their level 1 on the scale is like other Thai restaurants' level 5. My husband usually orders a level 4 and enjoys it, but the level 4 here almost made him sick.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

The good points:

It is in an easy-access location.
It was Friday evening, I had a reservation, it was very crowded, and I was immediately shown to my table.
They "turn the tables" very quickly, I give them that.
They were not under-staffed. They had plenty of people working.
The food looked good

OK - my experience -

Once I was seated, it took me 20 minutes to get a really small pour - maybe 6 oz. of a watered-down glass of William Hill Chardonnay for $12. Got that? $12.00 - watery- small - terrible wait time. ONLY Chardonnay by the glass. A bottle was $42.00.

I am not trying to be crass and unfair when I describe the wine as watered- down, but in hind-sight, my guess now is that the wine wasn't cold and they put ice in it; then maybe fished it out before serving me - it might account for the 20 minute, as well..

Loud. The sound echoes from every hard surface. It is the loudest restaurant I have been to in decades!

My friend was late, and when she arrived - I could not hear her say, "Hello." We sat and looked at the menu while bus-staff and waiters RAN back and forth right next to us, carrying plastic milk crates - I'm guessing carrying clean utensils; clean glasses.

We spent about 15 minutes more waiting, being unable to converse except making "WTF" faces at each other as we gawked at the prices. Unreasonably high.

I paid for my wine when I caught a server flying by, and we ended up back
in Sewickley, where the prices are much more in tune with the menu (and I am only being half facetious)! :)

I only marked this place with "mid-range," because there is no "incredibly over-priced" choice. I estimate that my tab would have been over $60 before tip.