“Great wurst and frankfurter”

Hofbrauhaus Pittsburgh
Ranked #40 of 2,305 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: German
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southside Flats
Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

I was invited here by a friend for a celebration of top administrators to which he had tickets. This was held outside in the Beer garden. We got to sample real German style Knackwurst Brats and spicy Frankfurters and great examples of German style beers. You can join the Stien club that you can keep on site locked up for when you need it. It's on the south side of Pittsburgh near the Hot Metal Bridge. This place is huge inside and is well worth a trip.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,090)

Reviewed 24 May 2016

Great view of the river. Above average beer. Very good food. Reasonable prices. We sat outside. Service was extremely quick (from the time I sat to the time that I had a beer in my hand).

Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

This has the best German food and beer. Loved the atmosphere the live band was great plenty of seating the staff was friendly would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

If you want great food, an awesome atmosphere and good cheap beer, this is your place.

The tables are long and you will be sitting beside other groups but it isn't bothersome at all. It's a loud fun atmosphere and there were a couple different musicians playing during our time at the restaurant. People were dancing and honestly having a great time.

We ate the Jägerschnitzel which was delicious. The kids had the kinder schnitzel and pizza which were both throughly enjoyed.

In terms of beer - lots of choice and a very decent price. $10 for a litre and $5 for a pint.

If you want an enjoyable evening check this place out!!

Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

I'm not German and I've never been there but I love this place. We accidentally found it years ago on a trip to Pitt and we make it a point to go back on nearly every trip we make. The food is really good. The beer is great. The atmosphere is unique and fun. They have outdoor seating with a great view of the river, the employees wear traditional German costumes, and every time I've been there's been a German band playing. Plus, it's huge; I've never had to wait for a seat.