“Perfect for Breakfast”

Ranked #40 of 2,288 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Price range: US$5 - US$11
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: An American family diner known for its made from scratch hotcakes and French toast as seen on the Food Network's Diners, Drive-ins & Dives. Serving breakfast and lunch during all business hours.
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Stopped in here while visiting with relatives in Dormont. This place is fantastic! I always look for restaurants listed in "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives" spots when traveling. Some are good, others not so much... Dor Stop is excellent! Simple decor, filled with regulars, we had a great breakfast! I definitely recommend the Irish Benedict made with corned beef!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I'm sorry to report that my food was borderline gross. I had the country eggs benedict. The hollandaise sauce had no flavor. The eggs were basic easy-over eggs. The sausage was gross, it had almost no flavor and there was at least one gross piece in it that made a weird crunch sound between my teeth. the biscuit was extremely dry and absolutely no flavor. the home-fries were more like mash potatoes. I will never return and I live within walking distance.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

It was cold, there was a long wait, and we had an infant with us.. but I am glad we stuck around! Despite being slammed the staff was kind and prompt, and the food was excellent! The hashbrowns..WOW, probably the best I have ever had. I had the Philly omelet, and my husband got the French toast. We could barely finish there was so much food.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

This restaurant seems to be very popular as well it should be. Great little breakfast spot- parking and lines attest to its popularity. We had the raspberry french toast- good. Great coffee. Quick service once your seated and very efficient staff.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

Hubby and I haven't been in Dormont for a good while but the urge for pancakes came on us as we were driving through the area. From past experience we knew the Dor-Stop had superb pancakes. The egg breakfasts seemed a bit pricey but for pumpkin and chocolate chip pancakes, the price was right. Now they are huge...I could only eat one and brought the other two home for later. Service is excellent with our coffee cups always being refilled. Rest rooms were very clean. It turns out that the former owners retired and the new owners have done some minor updates. However, the menu has stayed the same and the charm is still intact. I can vouch for the quality of the pancakes although the size of the other breakfast entrees makes my mouth water ever now. I need to return and venture into another choice for breakfast/lunch. You won't be disappointed here.