“For to Love the Cupcakes”

Grandview Bakery and Sweet Shop
Ranked #6 of 40 Bakeries in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

When I need something fun to take to friends I always stop and get a dozen cupcakes. There are so many to select from I haven't tried them all yet. Oh and their large chocolate dipped strawberries are to die for. Everything is good. If you are early enough to get the donuts they will melt in your mouth. My husband likes the scones and I like the blurry muffins.

Reviewed 31 January 2017

I'm a regular at Grandview Bakery- I live in Mt. Washington and can't say enough about the excellent quality in everything they make! My favorites are peaches & cream coffeecake, almond torte, and coconut cream pie (made with Chantilly cream vs meringue). Everything I've ever had there has been delicious! Friendly service too. I hear their apple fritters are the best but haven't had them personally.
Grandview Bakery also made a gorgeous red velvet b-day cake for my mom's 90th that was the hit of her party!
I think their almond torte is the best in the city- they also make a chocolate one some folks swear by. My only regret is that they stopped making a "mini" almond torte cake- I used to purchase them regularly for a small b-day/thank you gift for friends. They do have almond torte cupcakes though.
Not to be missed, for both locals and tourists coming form the incline! So nice that they have a dessert cafe' in the evenings..They also provide cupcakes for some downtown special events- I enjoyed passing out "Stanley Cupcakes" for Visit PIttsburgh when the Pens won last year!

Reviewed 25 January 2017

Oh how delicious! To find a true home made bakery with all the best baked goods. From pies, to pastries, to cookies to cupcakes and cakes; you name it they are all delicacies! My husband had a business meeting in the area so I decided to take a walk an stop in. Now it is on our list of "must stops" when we are in the area! Make it a must stop for you too!

Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

Yum, yum, yum!!! Delicious pastries and beautiful customized cakes! Stop in to satisfy your sweet tooth or surprise a certain someone with a personalized cake on their special day!

Reviewed 13 September 2016

With an overwhelming selection of pastries and baked goods you may not be able to choose. Visit them for dessert or for a breakfast you will not be disappointed.