“love the atmosphere”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southside Flats
Reviewed 2 August 2012

interesting atmosphere. cozy. food is fresh and unique. you will not be rushed while you are there. staff takes care of you

Reviewed 1 May 2012

When I am craving some good comfort food this is where I head. The meals are always flavorful and a great mix of ingredients. On my last visit our group had all 4 appetizers that were on the menu with the flaming cheese as my favorite. They offer 3 salad dressing that are all great so it makes it hard to decide which one to get but I think the feta version is my favorite. This trip we shared a pasta with a bacon, pesto sauce that was very rich so the amount on the pasta was perfect. The other dish we had was a pomegranate bbq pork. I did have high expectations for this dish and was slightly disappointed but not because of the food. It was a little more sweet than i was thinking it would be but the side of potato salad was a good balance.

They have a good selection of wine that I typically would not seek out and all have been good. In addition, they have fabulous cocktails.

Meals are typically $20ish and drinks are $5 - $10. Some nights of the week they have a fortune teller but I have never been for that.

2  Thank dkh117
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I actually forgot I went here until seeing it on your board. We met my nephew who was in town to do work with UPMC here and his coworkers set it up. Small place. Great food! Can't find my pics of the Feta "flambe" with Ouzo but it was great. I need to get back here soon!

Reviewed 7 April 2012

This place is a very ecclectic blend of homey and eastern European. The food was really good, had the lamb but the menu is seasonal. Would recommend this place just for the difference of it. Early Saturday night dinner and was getting very busy on our way out.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

One of our favorites, have been going there since it opened maybe four years ago. Great eastern European style food, nicely spiced, big portions. Wine is inexpensive, and they allow BYOB with corkage charge. Live music, Tarot reader on different nights. On a side street a block off of busy Carson street, which is why parking is hard to find. Decor is upscale Salvation Army. They are a block from a theatre, so often busy till 8 PM curtain time. Staff are very friendly, some a little quirky. Adds to the fun.

1  Thank PittsburghHiptripper