“Friendly and flavorful”

Asiatique Thai Bistro
Ranked #269 of 2,225 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 6 April 2016

We had dinner at the Asiatique Thai Bistro one evening during out stay at the Springhill Suites in Bakery Square. It was an easy choice, just downstairs and around the corner from our hotel. We were seated immediately by the friendly hostess and I noticed there were families and couples all seated in the restaurant. We weren't rushed to order and our server answered our questions about the menu. Once ordered, the food arrived quickly. We enjoyed the spring rolls as an appetizer. They were served with a light sweet and sour sauce. I had the green curry entree and it was delicious - spicy but not overwhelmingly so, with peppers and green beans and beef, though chicken, pork, or shrimp were also available. I chose rice noodles, but rice was also an option. The others in my family all had the Pad Thai, one with beef, one with chicken, and one with pork. We were all pleased with the portion sizes, also. Our meal was quite tasty!

Reviewed 5 April 2016

This was my first visit to Asiatique - I was in the area for business and had stopped at Bakery Square for some dinner on the way. I generally love Thai food, so I thought this would be a good option. They have a pretty extensive menu - a lot of the traditional things you expect to find at a Thai restaurant - yellow curries, noodle dishes - but also some more exotic options, including some vegetarian dishes. They also had a few specials listed on an insert in the menu - it seemed as though all the specials on the day I was there featured seafood.
If you're planning on going for a special night out, it's worth saying two things: It is rather obviously a family enterprise. This is neither a good thing nor a bad thing, but it's good to know. They also don't have a liquor license - it's BYOB. They also rely heavily on their take-out business: when I was there (admittedly early on a Monday evening), I was the only person in the restaurant for about half the time, but at least four people came in to pick up take-out dinners.
I did have a rather strange experience. I initially ordered a beef curry, and was told that they didn't have "beef yet." I don't know what that means, but it struck me as odd, especially since it was around 6 PM on a Monday, not at the end of a busy weekend evening. I ordered the curry with chicken instead, which was tasty - just spicy enough. Portion did seem a little small for the price, but it was enough for dinner.
Aside from that, I had a nice dinner. I might go there again if I'm in the neighborhood, and try one of the more exotic dishes.

Reviewed 16 January 2016

I've frequented most of the Thai restaurants in Pittsburgh. Because this is close to work, I have tried thus twice. Food is OK but small portions for the price. Noodleheads, Pusadees Garden , Smiling Banana Leaf are close and a better value and taste.

Reviewed 28 November 2015

A well-designed menu help describe the food, and the server was also helpful. The samosas were crispy on the outside, and nicely flavored without being dry; even the Vegetarian-adverse eater enjoyed them. My wife's Pad Se Eu (wide noodles with beef) had a very good (without being overly spicy) sauce throughout, and my Spicy Thai Beef Salad had a warming, but not burning spice on both the dressing and the beef.
We would not hesitate to go back or to recommend to friends.
Many dishes included both a lunch and a dinner-sized portion.